Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great news. I've just got hold of COD4 on the PC, but haven't had chance to play it yet. Am looking forward to it though.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    New firmware out, ability to add your own themes to XMB amongst other things. Seems quite cool.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I'm off work, and walking into a few shops just to see if they have Ratchet and/or Call of Duty 4 yet ... imagine my complete shock when I saw them charging 75 (seventy five!) bucks for Ratchet. WTF.

And that's not one shop - I peeked into 3-4 different ones and every single one had the same price tag.

I can live with 60 bucks (even though that is quite a bit of money still), but 75? What made them think people are willing to part with 75 big ones for a game (however brilliant it is)? I know that development costs for games have been rising, but I certainly hope game prices aren't gonna see a rising trend. 50-62 bucks a game has been the standard throughout the PS2 era, and that's about the most I'm prepared to shell out.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much is that converted to UK Pounds?

Would it be cheaper if you order it from the UK? Amazon.co.uk have it for £39.98 or when purchased along with COD4 for £79.97 for the two. And that includes free UK delivery. Not sure about delivery costs to other countries.

Or on ebay you can buy a new sealed copy for £18.99 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180177360653

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Converted to GBP, it's about 52 bucks, so yeah, ordering through Amazon would be quite a bit cheaper. I was already thinking of ordering online, but I usually want something right away when I see it. Perhaps you know the feeling

The online webshops here are actually offering the game for slightly more than Amazon, and they're only charging about a buck for postage, so I'll probably take that route. I've browsed Amazon.uk a few weeks ago, and they did have quite a lot of old PS2 titles on sale that I've never even seen released over here.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a great time to pick up some missed PS2 titles as they are selling very cheaply now the PS3 is out. Are there a lot of titles that never get released there?

Although it is now easy to find most PS2 game ISOs so it's also a great time to own a chipped PS2 to catch up on titles you may have missed over the years.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, there are quite a few PS2 titles that were announced for European release, but just never saw the light of day. Most of these being RPGs. The first Shadow Hearts, for example, I've never seen anywhere. Then there's games like Legaia 2, Grandia 2, Phantom Brave, Kessen III, Chaos Legion and so on. They might not all have been brilliant, but if they were offered at a tenner or twenty bucks, I would've gladly scooped them up.

I don't know ... I guess the stores here just didn't see them selling well, hence they never stocked them.

I suppose I could still get my PS2 chipped, but then again, I like having original boxes and manuals. They're about the only things I buy legally

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been shopping from amazon.co.uk a lot, so I can tell you that only UK addresses are eligible for the free delivery. Delivery to Norway at least is usally £2-£5, depending a bit on the item. And since Norway isn't EU, they deduct EU's 17.5% tax from the price of everything I purchase. Downside is that if the shipment is worth more than about £17 then norwegian customs slap the norwegian 25% tax on it. Plus a £7 customs fee.

EDIT: oh, and about the new PS3 themes: If you want to create your own themes, this is apparently the tool for the job according to threespeech.com. Haven't tested it myself yet. So who can we convince to start working on an Amiga theme then?

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Although it is now easy to find most PS2 game ISOs so it's also a great time to own a chipped PS2 to catch up on titles you may have missed over the years.
    Did that PS2 Memory Card Modchip ever come to anything?

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Downside is that if the shipment is worth more than about £17 then norwegian customs slap the norwegian 25% tax on it. Plus a £7 customs fee.
    Tell me about it. Bought some stuff from AmigaKit (great shop!), which got caught in the customs. My items did suddenly get a whole lot more expensive.