Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Eye of Judgement has been released. I already saw a video in the very beginning, but now it also got a final release. It's a card based game, where you can buy packs and play like a normal card game on a mat. The mat and eye toy camera are included with the game, have a look for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWOmVEEEyMM

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read an in depth article about this in the latest Edge magazine and it sounds quite cool, with the cards coming alive from the cards. Quite a cool idea. But... it would have been even better had Sony developed holographic projection! Then finally we could have a real version of the Star Wars Battle Chess style game seen on the Falcon.

Actually, the new PS EyeToy looks a lot better then the original PS2 one and could give Sony some games to compete with the Wii market, plus the added bonus of players being able to appear in the on screen action and capture their faces for the games. There are also quite a few games in development for it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, and perhaps buying the game is a cheaper way to get hold of the eye camera for later usage.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The greatest motoring TV show in the world has linked up with the world's greatest driving game.

The BBC and Polyphony have done a deal which will see Top Gear episodes appear in Gran Turismo 5, and make the Top Gear test track a playable circuit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7059887.stm

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a cool idea. Must more sensible than someone trying to just make another game based on the series itself.

Although do people in the US and Japan watch Topgear?

I wonder if they will have you trying to beat the Stig's actual lap times around their test track! That would be both cool and probably bloody hard to actually beat them. Also if they have the test track they have to include the times and car from "star in a reasonably prices car" so you can see how you do against the real stars that drove it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Although do people in the US and Japan watch Topgear?
    The producer of Top Gear said that it was the most pirated TV show in the world, and that an episode's total worldwide audience taking this into account was larger than a Formula One race. Although not mainstream in the USA, it certainly has quite a following through torrents and the like.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post
    The BBC and Polyphony have done a deal which will see Top Gear episodes appear in Gran Turismo 5, and make the Top Gear test track a playable circuit.
    A Dream come true

I just noticed GT5 Prologue has been released for a limited time, gotta check it out straight away.

Can't wait to step into the Stig's footsteps.
    [url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1042/userbar301157xg6.gif[/img][/url]

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So the new Ratchet & Clank has been released early in the U.S. ... maybe Europe will get some love soon as well?

The game's received some pretty glowing reviews so far (except for Lamespot, which gave it a 7.5 - asshats), most sites praising it for its amazing visuals and rock solid framerate. Sony would do well to keep on good terms with the guys at Insomniac - they're doing some amazing stuff with the PS3 hardware. Barely a year into the console's lifespan, and they've already churned out two brilliant games.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Ratchet & Clank demo is quite short, but it's a pure enjoyment to play through, even several times. Don't know why the demo isn't available at the EU shop yet?

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Ratchet demo was added to the EU store in the 25 october update

Along with some trailers, including a trailer for Metal Gear Online (which looks pretty sexy, to be honest).

The Folklore content costs money to download, however, which is crap considering Japan got it for free. Not that 2 bucks is a whole lot, but still ...

By the way, anyone looking to buy Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, you're advised to hold out for the time being. Apparently, the game has some issues, such as occasional framerate skips (especially during replays) and a very laggy online service. Konami has already announced that they are working on a fix, likely through a patch. Sounds weird, doesn't it ... patches for console games.