Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The songs are downloadable so you can taylor your own line up. Not much death metal on it yet likes!
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, should have said that I was talking about the PS2 versions, which is available in different music genre and themed versions. It definitely makes sense to include downloadable content for the PS3 version to milk the game with new song packs.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Singstar - Corpsegrinder Special

Now that would be a great release, definitely also a must buy for me.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    New GT5: Prologue screens. WTF.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GT5 is looked very nice indeed. Have you also watched the preview videos for it?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't watched any videos yet, but I've played the GT:HD demo, and that was already spectacular-looking. Can't imagine what magic the guys at Polyphony can work when the final version of GT5 comes 'round. Judging from the past, it'll probably be near the end of 2008 though.

Ah well ... all's forgiven, because it's got Ferrari in it.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are replay graphics as opposed to during gameplay, but I agree very spectacular.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have just played the new Burnout: Paradise game on the PS3, and I can say it has potential to be a lot of fun.

As much as I may criticise EA for their games content and similarity, I will commend them for packing a lot into their demos, including a semi-decent online play. The demo does not consist of one or two races, but an entire section of the city to play in, with a number of challenges and seemingly all the elements of the game (excluding new cars). The online game is very good as it sets you up with three other players as you compete to beat each others cores in a variety of disciplines (including oncoming traffc; near missssses; barrel rolls and more)

It looks like it should be an enjoyable release, as free-roaming is definitely the way to go in driving games (and has been ever since the days of Turbo Esprit on the 8-bits (woulda looked cool on the Amiga).

Game looks good, plays well and has decent online mode. And was quite a quick download too.
    This is not a signature

Downloads
    Uploads
    PS3 firmware v2.10 has just been released, the following is taken direct from the official site.

An update to the PS3 system software was released on December 18, 2007. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 2.10 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 2.10, you will need a minimum 120Mb of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
    The PLAYSTATION 3 system software version 2.10 update includes the following:
    • Voice Changer

The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat. Visit the Voice Changer guide in Help & Support under PS3 at eu.playstation.com for more details.
    Using this feature, you can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.

Other new or revised features in version 2.10

Music

• You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3TM system to enhance audio playback.
    Video
    • DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played. *
    • Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. **
    • [BD Data Utility] has been added. ***
    - To play VC-1 (WMV) format files, you must go to Settings > [System Settings] and set [Enable WMA Playback].
    - Copyright-protected files or files that were encoded by using DivX 3.11 cannot be played. - Files that are 2GB or more cannot be played.
    ** You may now be able to use the "Picture in Picture" feature that enables playback of two videos at the same time with Profile 1.1-compatible Blu-ray Discs. Available features will vary depending on the disc.
    *** The management data that is used by the Blu-ray Disc is saved.
    Looks good, and the voice changer could be an amusing toy for a short while!
    This is not a signature

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    DivX support is the biggie here I guess. The voice changer looks like a gimmick but guess some people (kids) with weedy/girly voices may find it useful to sound a bit more grown up.

Still good to see the updates keep coming through.