Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

compatibility list

Hi

Are there any compatiablity list on the internet which tells you what game work on the a1200 and which do not.

I know about holding down both mouse buttons but some games still do not work once the caches have been disabled.

Where is the best place to get a relokick disk ebay?

The reason for asking is my brother and me bought 31 amiga game from a shop near to where he lives and we always knew some would be duff but I am not sure which are corrupt and which simply do not work on a a1200. The one I cannot get to work are below

shadow of the beast (game loads and starts but crashes after a min of playing)
    Jame pond (loads but graphic's are corrupt) I guess thiss needs a relowkick
    Humans (start to load then does nothing) and I guess this needs a relowkick
    barbarian Psygnosis version (start to load then does nothing)
    Alien Breed 2 AGA (game load but will not play I think disk 2 is corrupt maybe disk doctor can fix it?)
    Sleepwalker a500 (game loads and works but disk 2 does not load)
    syndicate (loads but gets a software error after intro maybe disk doctor can fix it?)
    Robocop 2 (disk just keeps loading and nothing happens)
    Fantastic Dizzy (disk 1 loads disk 2 start to load then screen drops out)

also how can I get adf blitzer to my amiga I do not have a null modem lead can you but it in a zip and copy it to disk?

Any advice on the above games would be most helpfull

Thanks
    Slicer
    A500 1/1
    A1200 1/1

Project X rules

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an A1200 and Syndicate works perfectly. It is a 4 disk game and has hd install.
    That one is a disk problem for sure.

The other games i dont know.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the games you listed will work perfectly on the A1200. Some will need the Relokick 1.3 disk to get them working properly.

I think the only game you listed that will not work properly on an A1200 is Shadow of the Beast. The first SotB game doesn't even run properly on the A600!

To get ADFBlitzer to your Amiga, format an Amiga floppy disk in your PC as a 720K PC floppy disk, then you can copy the files onto that to get them onto your A1200. Workbench 3 can read and write 720K PC floppy disks so that makes it easy. But you may need to copy the PC0: device driver from the storage disk, onto your Workbench disk if it isn't reading them when yuo try.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Deadly VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought SOB did run on the A1200?
    Will try tonight and let you know.
    Played it recently but that was using WHD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hi

thanks for that harrison. After looking on the net it appears shadow of the beast does not work on a normal a1200 a hard drive patch was released so it can work on a1200 with a hard drive I will have to format a pc 3.5 dd as my pc does not like to read amiga disks.

if a disk has a hard track error and I format the disk can I then copy onto that disk?

Thanks
    slicer1000
    A500 1/1
    A1200 1/1

Project X rules

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will need to get some partitioning software for the Amiga that can mark bad sectors and tracks so they get skipped when the drive is used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You will need to get some partitioning software for the Amiga that can mark bad sectors and tracks so they get skipped when the drive is used
    Can you name any of thoughs programs?

If I do format the disk and copy onto it I take it there will still be a error?
    unless I use a partition program?

I have a old copy of shadow warriors which had hard track errors all over the the disk yet still the game played fine. Where the drives in the a500 and a1200 different?

Also how do I get my amiga to read zip files? I put adf blitzer on the disk in zip format and used the pc0 driver I could then access the disk but it said space was used but the disk is empty in the amiga window?

I got james bond to work by using the enhanced mode in the boot options.
    My alien breed 2 aga disk 3 works fine so I can play from level 5 onwards.
    A500 1/1
    A1200 1/1

Project X rules

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the harddrive just has some bad sectors than you can mark these as out of limits, which adds them to the harddrives bad sectors list (all HDs have bad sectors from new and contain a list of them set by the factory to hide them). I don't remember off the top of my head which Amiga software can do this though.

Track errors on game floppy disks might not always actually be errors, but instead a special disk format used by the game's developers.

For Zip files you will need to install a zip compression utility on your Amiga. You can find some on Aminet. As for viewing the files, any files you copy onto a PC formatted disk will not be seen as standard. You need to select "show all files" in workbench to see them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One piece of software that marks bad sectors on Amiga hdds (and I think it also did floppies!?!) was a nice piece of kit called Quarterback Tools.

It functioned very similar to Nortons does nowadays.

I might still have it somewhere, if I do, I will try and get it sorted
    This is not a signature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's the program I was trying to remember. Quaterback Tools is a great HD utility and I used to use it a lot myself. It can even recover HDs that have been formatted.