Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK so here goes if I get it to work I may write a faq to save hassle in the future.

I have downloaded trans adf which should read zips.

so

I format the disk in win98 to 720kb copy files to disk

load workbench 3.0 select pc0 from storge disk

load pc disk select show all files and they sould be there only thing is I copyed trans adf to a disk unzipped but my amiga could not read it?

I just copy the files usings win98 does it need to be done under ms-dos?

Thanks

slicer
    A500 1/1
    A1200 1/1

Project X rules

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you see all of the files for TransADF on the Amiga when you look at the contents of the PC floppy disk? If so then you should be OK. Remember than TransADF is an Amiga DOS utility and doesn't have a Workbench graphical front end. You have to run it from a CLI shell. Easiest way is to copy TransADF into your C Workbench folder then you have access to the utility at all times from the CLI.

If on the other hand you can't see the files properly then the best way to get TransADF onto the Amiga is to keep it as a LHA archive until you have it on the Amiga. The only problem with that is Workbench cannot read and uncompress LHA archives as standard, so you will first need to get LHA onto the Amiga. I recommend you do this by downloading this: lha.run It is a self extracting LHA archive so can be copyed to the Amiga via PC floppy disk and then extracted without needing any other utility just by double clicking the file and running it.

Hope that helps.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    For people who want QB & Tools, follow this link (or download it from the private downloads area of the forum). all files will easily fit onto a 720kb floppy disk for transfer to Amigas. (Can't quite say the same about Norton's )
    This is not a signature

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi

yes once I used the show all files I could see every thing on the disk all the trans ADF files have a hammer icon. Which when you click on look for a command.

I also have adf blizers as well.

What are the commands then to run it from shell? Is there a FAQ as most of the stuff is in german?

Thanks

slicer1000
    Last edited by slicer1000; 27th September 2007 at 20:21.
    A500 1/1
    A1200 1/1

Project X rules

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, as you can see the files and they have a hammer icon that is perfectly fine and how they should look. The Hammer icon means it is a shell utility and not a Workbench file. Copy the TransADF file into the C folder in your copy of Workbench (you will need to "show all files" to see the C: folder).

Next you will need to have the ADF you wish to write to floppy disk on your Amiga and not on a floppy disk in the DF0: (as you will need that to write the disk). If you have an HD in the Amiga then just copy it to somewhere on there, otherwise you can copy the ADF into the Workbench ram disk.

Assuming the ADF is in the RAM: disk and it is called Game.adf then use the following shell command to write the ADF back into a real floppy disk:

Code:
    TransADF DRIVE DF0: FILE RAM:Game.adf WRITE
    And that should write the ADF back into a real disk. Hope that works.

But personally I prefer to use ADF Blitzer as it is so easy to use and has worked with every ADF I've ever tried.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    OK, as you can see the files and they have a hammer icon that is perfectly fine and how they should look. The Hammer icon means it is a shell utility and not a Workbench file. Copy the TransADF file into the C folder in your copy of Workbench (you will need to "show all files" to see the C: folder).

Next you will need to have the ADF you wish to write to floppy disk on your Amiga and not on a floppy disk in the DF0: (as you will need that to write the disk). If you have an HD in the Amiga then just copy it to somewhere on there, otherwise you can copy the ADF into the Workbench ram disk.

Assuming the ADF is in the RAM: disk and it is called Game.adf then use the following shell command to write the ADF back into a real floppy disk:

Code:
    TransADF DRIVE DF0: FILE RAM:Game.adf WRITE
    And that should write the ADF back into a real disk. Hope that works.

But personally I prefer to use ADF Blitzer as it is so easy to use and has worked with every ADF I've ever tried.
    Relpy ok thanks I will give that a shot. I got QB tools to work and I also have ADF Blitzer does it need copying to the work bench disk or ram disk to run?

do I need to uncompress the adf first? how do I do that?

can ADF Blitzer read zips can it use the ram disk as I do not have a hard drive?

Thanks
    slicer1000
    Last edited by slicer1000; 28th September 2007 at 23:22.
    A500 1/1
    A1200 1/1

Project X rules

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ADFBlitzer does not need to be copied to Workbench, but it will only work with Workbench 3, which I forgot to mention before. It should run from where ever you like, but as you will be placing a blank disk in the Amiga's floppy drive you should probably copy it to the Workbench disk.

I can't remember if ADFBlitzer supports ZIP files or not. If not then you can download the shell utility UnZip from http://www.paulkienitz.net/amiga/unz550xA.lha, but try using TransADF first.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alien Breed used to work ok on mine I'm sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    success it worked and I can now play tmnt the arcade game on my a1200.
    I always wanted to see what the amiga version was like. Now a visit to planetemu is in order.

I do wish they would carry uncracked and unhacked versions of the games.
    I just want to thank you all for your help. v85rawdeal was also kind enough to send me a relokick disk in the post.

Sadly the only games the relokick help run where fantasy dizzy and James pond.
    I believe sotb will not run on a a1200 at all need to fix my a500
    alien breed 2 aga works fine from level 3 onwards it would seem part of disk 2 is corrupt as team 17 used 980kb disks any tool software would corrupt the disk.

robocop 2 also causes some real problems on my a1200 the disk keeps on loading and nothing happen if you soft reset the amiga the drive will keep loading after the reset.

I will use qb tools just to find if there are any errors on the disks.

The others all must have corrupt disks

My a1200 was one that came with a lot of disk which the seller sold as blank. Most had hacked and copied game on them I am currently formating most of the disks as the games never seem to work the way they should. even back in the 1990 me and my bro would swap games with friends often they would lend us a copy and we would find once you got to the later stages of the game the copy was corrupt.

Thanks again
    slicer1000
    A500 1/1
    A1200 1/1

Project X rules

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was lucky in that regard. I only ever had a couple of games that didn't work properly out of the hundreds I copied from friends.

The strangest was Nitro where the later stages had messed up graphics where all the track graphical blocks were in a messed up order. You could still race around the track but would get stuck when a piece of track wasn't where it should be and instead bits if building or trees were there instead. Mad!

As you mentioned, Planetemu is good if you are just downloading one or two games. But you should visit pleasuredome as they have the full Amiga TOSEC torrent sets.