Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads

Things we've learned from RPG games

1. It's perfectly OK to barge into people's homes and raid any treasure chests within - some of which contain gil/zenny/gold. Inhabitants never raise a voice of complaint.

2. The female protagonist always has huge breasts.

3. So does the female antagonist.

4. Clothes never get stained, torn, or worn, even after battling thousands of ogres and behemoths.

5. One can carry hundreds of potions, swords, armours, antidotes, gysahl greens and whatnot with them in a tiny backpack.

6. Things like ducky toys and rubber balls can apparently be used as deadly weapons against the world's scariest monsters.

7. The girl - sometimes more than one - always falls in love with you, even if you're a rude, arrogant prick.

8. Eating plants instantly heals wounds and stops bleeding.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When talking to a member of the public, expect a delay between their words and facial expressions.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    A nights sleep will take you back to full health.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wearing the skimpiest of outfits does not raise any indications of disproval!

Its perfectly okay to expect to be the centre of attention. After all, nothing happens without your involvment.
    This is not a signature

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And don't forget, the skimpier the outfit, the better it protects you in battle!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Leave it to a party of 17-18 year olds to defeat the mega-lo-maniac Demon Lord From Hell, where entire armies of elite crack soldiers fail. Apparently, swords, knives and whips can cause more damage than rockets, shells and bullets.

The vampire that you find sleeping inside a dark, haunted evil mansion always turns out to be a good guy, willing to join your party and your quest for justice and freedom.

It never occurs to anyone that locked doors can be blown open by the party's gun-toting member.

No one ever freezes to death when a frozen wasteland is explored, not even the heroine who wears nothing but a bra and skimpy miniskirt.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That last one isn't quite true. In some games your health drops while in certain environments. A good example of that is GuildWars.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    That last one isn't quite true. In some games your health drops while in certain environments. A good example of that is GuildWars.

That's pretty advanced. Haven't played Guild Wars, nor encountered this in any of the (j)RPGs I've played, so I wouldn't have known.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You definitely should give Guild Wars a try.

Teho and myself have been playing it since it came out. I've not played it for a few months now though, and I don't know about Teho, but if other classicamiga members wanted to start playing I bet we would both want to get back into the game and join you. And having advanced game characters, we could offer a lot of help in the game.
    Also Guild Wars 2 is due out soon which is meant to offer a lot of improvements over the original so I will be very interested in getting that and playing.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As curious as I am to actually see the game after having heard so much about it, I doubt I'm ever going to touch any MMORPG again ... not even with a 10-foot pole. I've played two in the past, and basically, they all have one thing in common - they suck up time like there's no tomorrow. MMORPGs are pretty much designed to be like that - always something new to discover, more levels to gain, more equipment to capture, more bosses to fight, it never ends.

I'm much happier sticking to simple console games, or, at most, an online deathmatch game of some sort. At least those have a definite ending, not requiring the same kind of commitment