Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

PS2 best games - please list some good games

Hi everyone, i have a PS2 sinde 2005 and i dont play so much... dont have more then 15 games... i dont have a new game for long time.

Please list 2 or 3 good games for Ps2
    Thanks
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of games do you like??

An absolute MUST have are the 2 God of War games, you won't be disappointed, and I think many will agree.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    any kind of game, but not simulatores, i prefer them on PC... (more realistic)

God of War ? I think i will like that one...
    Give me more please
    A500 - A600 - A1200

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shadow of the Colossus and its prequel, ICO are two rare gems that shouldn't be missed. The latter plays much like Prince of Persia, whereas Shadow is unlike anything you've seen before.

Okami is another great original game that, while quirky, does offer a unique gameplay experience. Plus, it's huge.

If you like hack & slash, then the aforementioned God of War series shouldn't be missed. Similarly, the Devil May Cry series (minus the second one ... that one sucks) offers much of the same experience. For a hack'em up that is somewhat slower in pace, Onimusha (all four games) are of high quality.

Platform games: there are plenty, but two franchises stand out. Jak & Daxter, and the Ratchet & Clank series (which will be seeing a continuation on the PS3 very soon). Viewtiful Joe might be worth a look, as well.

If you like RPGs, then the PS2 is heaven. Several dozens are available, and it would take you years to play through them all. I think Demon Cleaner collects RPGs, so he knows more about what's available. If you liked the kind of RPG that Diablo represented, then Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance might be worth a try. For the time, it was a stunning game to watch and play, plus you can play it co-op with a pal.

Racing games, I'm sure you've heard of Gran Turismo. Both parts 3 and 4 are excellent games.

For survival horror, look no further than the Silent Hill series, particularly episodes 2 and 3.

Versus fighting games: plenty of them. Tekken and Soul Calibur have seen the light of day on the PS2, and they're all fantastic. If you like 2D, there's the Guilty Gear series that might interest you. It's a fabulous little fighter.

Last, but not least, Pro Evolution Soccer is the one footy game that should really be played. No other series on the PS2 compares.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are into RPG games, Final Fantasy is a must. Final Fantasy X and XII are a must. Also, an official walkthrough is a must

For a different style of game, focused upon espionage, look for Metal Gear Solid 1 to 3. They are excellent games that are in a different style compared with most shooting games.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some great games you mentioned Sharingan, also when talking about survival horror, Resident Evil 4 is also available for the PS2.

And indeed I collect RPGs, so if you're interseted, visit the RPG thread, or just ask here if you want to play any. But if you get all the games that Sharingan mentioned, you should be busy for some time.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of great games mentioned so I won't add any more to the list yet. But do you have any favourite gaming series? Maybe you missed something in those that is available on the PS2.

And as DC said, have a look at the RPG thread as it lists nearly every RPG ever released for the PS2. DC provided the main original list and I've updated it with a few new released, plus I added some more under the main list, plus a list of Japanese only RPGs that haven't seen a western release. There is enough in that RPG list to keep you busy for many years.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    hummm, thank guys
    i think i will try:

- Shadow of the Colossus
    - God of War 2
    - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

This 3 look very good. I hope i can get time to play a bit of them... Amiga is taking me most of my time
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Well, Sharingan beat me to Okami, its kind of Zelda like but at least with fresh new characters instead of rehashes of old ones and a new interesting setting.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okami is a great and very unique game. I don't quite see the comparison to Zelda though.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!