Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you like that Dark Alliance game, you may be interested in the other games based on the same engine. There's Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2, which continues the story and is better than the first game in many ways. There's the two games based on Everquest, called Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms. These differ slightly from the Baldur's Gate games in that many of the maps are generated as you play, so the levels are different each playthrough. And they have online capabilities, allowing up to four players cooperating which is pretty interesting. The first one is very bugridden though, so get the second if you're going to try these as it's much more stable.

Then there's The Bard's Tale. A modern take on the classic games, this one really is a must-play especially if your're an RPG fan! The game is a giant piss-take on the entire RPG-genre, having fun with all the common RPG clichés, featuring a selfish protagonist who would watch a village burn and loot it afterwards rather than try saving it. This game will have you in stitches throughout and is one I would definitely recommend.

There's also Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, but I'm only mentioning it because it is also based on the engine originally used for Dark Alliance. This game is really horrible and should be avoided unless you really really have to play everything that is Fallout. You have been warned.
    Last edited by Teho; 22nd September 2007 at 13:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My personal recommendations are:

Shadow of Memories: Quite possibly one of the very best games to use a time-travel motif, with a beautiful look and a very immersive plot.

Gitaroo Man: About the very best of the rythm games, with the most awesome soundtrack known to man.

Beyond Good and Evil: A Shoot-em-up with a difference (You use a camera).

SSX Tricky: The pinaccle of the snowboarding series, not as clumsy or cluttered as the later games, with a great playability level.

Gregory Horror Show: A game that truly deserves a cult status. Great graphics, and great puzzles.

However, these are only my choices, so I do not expect many people to have a list similar to mine, as I have strange tastes in games.
    This is not a signature

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get God of War 1 first, as you will miss something of the story otherwise if you buy the sequel.

Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lets see...
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Okami
    Ico - a must have!
    SSX Tricky
    Silent Hill 2
    Devil may cry 1 & 3
    Resident Evil 4

You can also play PSX games on it so lets not forget about them cos you can pick them up for a bargain these days:

Raiden 4
    Castlevania symphony of the night
    Street Fighter alpha
    Metal gear solid
    Silent Hill
    Resident evil 1 & 2
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok,