Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

DivX to DVD conversion

What do you use to convert DivX/XviD files into DVD ISOs?

I've been using DIKO for a few years now, and although it works well it is a bit slow, taking over 2 hours to convert an average film. So I was wondering if there are any other good conversion programs that you use and recommend? And that are quick and simple to use.

I need it to support .sit subtitle files and be able to combine 2 divx source files when making the final DVD (for films that come in two parts).

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never did that. Usually I watch my films and right after I'm deleting them.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I find it useful, as I can convert them into DVDs so I can watch without needing the PC on. Obviously I could invest in a cheap DVD player that supports DivX playback, but I don't really want another DVD player.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use 2 DVD players. A Panasonic S-97 which is a more expensive player, but can only play normal DVDs. And I use an H&B player which can play everything. It's funny when seeing that cheaper players support more formats, but of course you lose also quality, as the players are usually not the best ones. I compared the 2 with the same DVD, and the Panasonic one wins. Also it's connected via HDMI and 720p signal.

You should get a player for cheap, the new Samsung HD 870 is very cheap, around 80€, and seems to be a very good player, I already wanted to buy it, and exchange it with my H&B.

I only watch movies on the PC at work, I don't have a plasma there yet

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I only watch movies on the PC at work, I don't have a plasma there yet
    Yet!

I bet you could think of some reason to justify a nice 50 inch plasma for your work area. After all, once you buy a PS3 you will have to or how are you going to continuing "working".

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    In one room we have a beamer, where I already watched soccer during the WM 2006 and we also watched some episodes of San-Ku-Kai, Japanese TV series from 1979.