Downloads
    Uploads

Soccer and formula 1

What is your:
    1) Soccer club
    2) Formula 1 driver or team

?

ok, mine is:
    1) Benfica !!! we lose 2-1 with milan, but we are the best !!
    2) Ferrari !!! any pilot that drives for Ferrari is my favorite. But i used to like Nelson Piquet, Alan Prost, Nigel Mansell, Lauda, keke rosberg. I hate Alonso and senna.
    Sorry i know many of you liked Senna, he was a fantastic driver, and i agree he probably was the best in the world, but, he had a temper.... i talked with him in Portugal in 1990, and i know what i am talking about....
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Many, but I concentrate on Juventus Turin.
    2. None, I don't like motorsports, but Alonso seems more and more like a butthole to me.

I am an NFL fan since 1995, and my favorite team are the Green Bay Packers.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1, I don't like Football, but I do watch England games to support my country.
    2, Ferrari.

Like you, I support Ferrari regardless of the driver, although I was a big Schumacher fan throughout his time with them. At the moment I don't really like Massa that much, he doesn't show anything unique in the car. But it would be great for Kimi to win the championship this year, but it is a long show. I think he deserves it after all of the years he has been driving. He always seems to be very under rated.

Many years ago I used to support Williams when Damon Hill raced for them, and that was the point in Formula One I enjoyed the most; his battles with Michael Schumacher being exciting to watch. 1996 was definitely one of the best years for me. I still remember sitting up early in the morning watching the final race of the session in Japan and Hill crossing the line to win the championship. Great moment.

I also used to love watching it in the 80's. There was much more drama and close battles. The danger these days is that the rules have made the cars all to generic and the same, with the pit stops being the main way for teams to win or lose a race. Not like the old days where driver skill was the main factor.

Maybe next year when they ban traction control finally we will see some excitement brought back to the sport.

I also have to say that I don't like Alonso and I never have. For me he has always seemed like a volatile child, only able to handle things when he gets his own way, and getting very annoyed when it doesn't. His actions this season have definitely impacted badly on his reputation and have turned fans and people within F1 against him. If McLaren don't keep him next year I can see many teams not wanted the hassles he brings, regardless of his talent.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    McLaren, since the days when Hakkinen drove for them. I also like Raikkonen even though he moved to Ferrari, because of his attitude where he doesn't really care for the press or publicity aspects and just wants to go racing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Soccer: What's soccer??? Is it any good?

2. F1: Whichever team takes my fancy at the time, dependant on: drivers; colour scheme; underdog status; sexiest hangers-on (hey, I am shallow). At the moment, it is Team Hamilton that I support, because I love it when a rookie totally turns the sport on its head.
    This is not a signature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In regard to Hamilton, I feel sorry for Button this year. Personally I think he is as good a driver as Hamilton if given a good car, but Honda just got it completely wrong this year (maybe the badly calibrated wind tunnel was to blame, who knows). Hamilton has just fallen on his feet, groomed by McLaren since the age of 12 and given a car that now turns out to of had an advantage due to the team knowing the secrets of their main rival!

Don't get me wrong, Hamilton is a very good driver, and a nice guy, plus he is English , but he isn't quite AS good as people have been spouting all year. Stick him in a Honda and I bet he would be performing on a par with Button and Barrichello.

I've never liked McLaren. They have always come across as a cold clinical team without any racing spirit. The only good thing about McLaren is the engines they use! In comparison Ferrari race with passion and enjoyment, and show what racing truly means. Lose Ferrari to motorsport and you lose the sport.

One wish I know many F1 fans have, but will likely never happen due to contracts, sponsors etc, is for all current F1 drivers to be placed in an identical car just so we can truly see how they compare. Trying to compare them directly with each driving completely different makes of car is of no use. It's like trying to directly compare the speed of Intel and PPC CPUs based on MHz alone.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Footy club: AFC Ajax, but they suck now, and have been sucking since they won the Champions League in 1995. They're way too commercial-minded now, more concerned about keeping profits high/shareholders happy rather than maintaining a good, stable team. I suppose it's partly the fault of player mentality nowadays, as well. Club loyalty doesn't really exist anymore among players ... everyone has their eyes set on playing for a big-name foreign team - the sooner, the better. Having to rebuild the team each year after another mass exodus just isn't good enough.

2. F1: I'm not an avid F1 fan, but I suppose Ferrari appeals to me the most.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It does bring back memories of when Manell went over to Indycar and people started saying that he would be outshone by the establishd drivers and then went on to win the championship in what was supposed to be one of the quickest times going (with regard to the start of the season up to the point where he was uncatchable.)

That is one of the problems I had with Williams was that when they had a Britsh F1 champion, for some reason, they never kept hold of them.

Ah well, maybe it will turn out that Alonso was in fact a spy for Ferrari all along, and was just feeding McClaren false data...
    This is not a signature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be a great twist, but I have the feeling that their is no love lost between Alonso and Ferrari!

And yes, Williams never treated their drivers very well. Giving them a drive until they won the championship and then dropping them. Doing that pretty much ended Damon Hills career as an F1 driver purely because there were no good seats available at any other teams the follow year.

It was a real shame that he didn't win that one race for Arrows. That just showed how good a driver he was!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like them to all be in the same cars too....it would make it much more interesting....then it would really depend on the skill of the driver, not the strength of the car.
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/