ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Troubles with an XD card...

My dad has a digital camera and he has given me the memory stick to pull the pics off the card. The pictures are all there, but when you try to do a preview, sometimes it says "no preview" or it loads the first few lines of the picture and then the rest of the picture is grey. When you try to copy the files, it says "incorrect paramater" any ideas?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try changing the camera resolution. It happend to me some years ago, but i dont remeber how i solve it.
    Are you using a cable from your camera to pc or are you pluging the card directly on pc/notebook ?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im plugging the card directly into my laptop. He thinks it has something to do with the camera also, so he's just going to plug the cable it and transfer it that way

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    perhaps the laptop cant identify correctly what is it.
    try the cable.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes a device such as a camera will use its own file system and you need to access the card in the device via a cable, rather than taking the card and plugging it into a reader.

Do you know what format the images are in? Many higher end digital cameras (especially SLR) can take images in both jpg and raw format. If they are in RAW then the format will be unique to the camera make and you need to install the software for your camera to use and view them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Photoshop can handle a lot of RAW file types as well, so try opening them with that if you have it.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For many makes of camera, with Photoshop you need to install the camera's RAW format plugin to read it correctly, and most cameras that use a RAW format normally also come with their own RAW editing package. Canon and Nikon cameras do.

The big problem with RAW images is that they are unique to each camera and are not a standard file format like jpg is. A RAW image is literally all of the data dumped directly from the camera's CCD, giving you exactly what the camera could see, with no post shot processing having taken place by the camera, which is what happens with compact digital cameras and all jpg files they output. This sometimes can come as a shock the first time a RAW image is viewed as it won't look like a jpg of the same shot at all and will need some post processing done to it's colour, saturation, white balance etc, but will create much better end results than a compressed and camera processed image.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are in JPEG, but couldnt see any RAW files....very strange though, it wouldnt even let me copy