Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

I got the Amiga yesterday

Hi everyone, i got the Amiga Yesterday, not the A600 but the A1200!

But...
    - the floppy disk, is not 100%, it doesnt work fine, sometimes it fails, i will try today one Sony mpf from PC (i read that it works on Amiga).
    - The modulater video is not ok, it fails as i touch the amiga. :-( i will get a rgb/scart video cable, it's better in quality and i hope this fix the problem.
    Looks like some wire inside is not perfectly connected? But the modulator and the rgb/scart are different connections so if 1 is not ok the other should work?

The rest is ok, keys are yellow, but i will replace them latter, the body is good, the sound is excelent.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations on finally getting the Amiga

Is it a Commodore or Escom made A1200? If it is an Escom one then the floppy disk drives are not as compatible with all Amiga disks as the original Commodore models.

Have you tried connecting the Amiga via the yellow composite video connection? That uses the same internal circuit as the rf port so you would be able to tell if it is the modulator causing the video output problems.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    What did you pay for it? Maybe it would still be better getting one from Amigakit though.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a original Commodore, not Escom.

It cames with the cmoposite wire that i plug next to power. First hole.
    I will try that one...
    I will have the pc sony floppy today, i'll see if is compatible with Amiga.

See this Harrison:
    (is not my amiga)
    http://www.rabayjr.com/Amiga/Amiga%2...ar%20right.jpg

I came with the cable to plug in brown connector (far right on image) are you saying to connect to the yellow one? (2nd right) ?
    what's the difference?
    Last edited by Tiago; 14th September 2007 at 12:15. Reason: Double posting - posts have been automerged
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The brown connector is for the built in RT modulator. You use this to connect to the aerial socket on your TV and then you tune your TV to the Amiga signal.

The Yellow phono connector is a composite video port. This outputs a proper composite video signal. If your TV has a composite phono connector (usually also yellow) then connect the Amiga using this and you will get a much better image than you would using the brown RF port.

You cannot use the same RF lead to connect using the yellow composite port. You need a proper composite cable for this. Often you will get these included with a camcorder and VCRs or DVD players. If not they are very inexpensive. Many of these cables come combined with red, white and yellow phono connectors for audio and composite video. You could use such a cable to connect the yellow video and red and white audio connectors to the TV.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, i have that cable scart in one end and 3 phonos red/black/yellow in the other, i didnt now the A1200 had that output.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great. You can use that with your A1200 and it should work perfectly.

ELITE VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Yes, i have that cable scart in one end and 3 phonos red/black/yellow in the other, i didnt now the A1200 had that output.
    Yep, use that - the yellow carries the video and the red & black carry stereo sound. Obviously the red goes into the red socket and yellow into the yellow socket but the black plug goes into the white socket next to the red.