Poll: What is the first thing you drink in the day?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Competent Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Tea, coffee or juice

All of Harrisons polls this morning had a breakfasty sort of theme to them, which got me thinking what do you drink first thing in the morning? I dosent have to be with breakfast, it could be when you get to work or with a snack - just the first drink you have in the day.

Mine would be water cos i dont drink anything with breakfast but have a glass of water when i arrive at the office.

If anyone says beer i want your job!
    [I]Such heroic nonsense[/I]

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always have a glass of juice in the morning with my breakfast. Afterwards it's coffee all the way until lunch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally it is water, or the first drink that is available to me when I get up. That itself depends on whether I have a bottle of fizzy pop beside the bed at night.

So today, I had some water in the morning, but yesterday it was some shandy and the day before it was probably a Frijj shake (the Brownie flavoured one).

A few years ago, my breakfast would have consisted of the previous night's already-digested kebab and half-a-bottle of Thunderbird.

I guess my diet has improved... a bit!
    This is not a signature

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    A glass of water for me too, first thing when I get up. Then it's coffee after that.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I always take a glass of water with me to bed. In fact, it's become such a habit that I get a little bit agitated if for some reason I can't (say at someone else's house, camping, a hotel or something).

It doesn't all get drunk of course, and so very often I'll have some of that water in the morning too. Then juice (orange/apple) or a coffee. Sometimes Lemonade

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Usually milk, sometimes tea. The rest of the day, I drink water and some tea. I used to drink quite a bit of coffee during weekdays, but decided to quit since it gave me headaches in weekends.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe the reason you got headaches in the weekends after drinking it monday to friday, was caffein-abstinence? I'll probably get the same if I suddenly stop drinking coffee for a couple of days.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have many problems with my stomach, and it doesn't like such things, especially in the early morning minutes. My stomach will mostly hurt if I drink milk, coffee or juice, so I just drink coke, sprite or water, which is fine with my stomach.

Some people ask me how I can drink cola when I wake up, but I have no problems with that, I could even drink beer, my stomach doesn't care (eventually that could be the practice ).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is always a strong black coffee first thing before anything else for me. I can't function without one.

I have reduced the amount of coffee I'm drinking for the rest of the day though. I used to drink coffee all day, but thought it was getting a bit unhealthy, so now I have a coffee when i wake up and then tend to drink glasses of water throughout the day, with maybe one coffee lunchtime or in the afternoon.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I drink coffee now, I run immediately to the toilet. Same with ice cold milk. Strange that it doesn't happen with ice cold cola.