Poll: What milk to you like?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    We still get ours delivered by the milkman so all we get are loverly bottles (although as stated in a previous post semi skimmed i'm afraid).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We recently started getting milk in bottles from the milkman again. Semi-skimmed again though, so no cream at the top of the bottle... but even the full fat milk from the milkman isn't the same as it used to be. Who remembers the older taller milk bottles with the longer necks? Those used to have about a 1/4 cream at the top of the bottle. I always remember my dad taking the cream off the top for his breakfast.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember getting the milk from the milk man and taking the cream off. That was much better than the big plastic bottles from the supermarket which we have now.

The problem wih having milk delivered was that it was often delivered too late and might have also been too expensive (but I didn't pay for it so I don't know). We must have stopped having it delivered about 1998 ish.

I would gladly have it come in glass bottles again, but I'm not sure if we even have a milkman round here. I havn't seen one.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There do seem to be a lot of milk rounds starting up again recently. My parents used to always have a milkman, but he then gave up the round and no one else took it over. But a couple of years ago a new milkman came around and they thought it would be good to support him, so buy milk even though it is cheaper in the supermarket.

And when my fiancée moved into her new house a new milkman offered his "services" to the row of new houses, so she now has milk, in glass bottles, from him.
    Last edited by Harrison; 25th February 2008 at 13:41.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally i think everyone should use the milkman because in many ways it is so much more environmentally friendly than the supermarkets plus the less people that buy in supermarkets means that hopefully more money will go to the farmers who at the moment are being screwed by the supermarkets and when the farmers go, the british countryside will just become a huge building site if the goevernment has it's way.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD