Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tex Avery's MGM Cartoons

Just found a nice torrent with all of the cartoons Tex Avery made for MGM studios. It's about 4.5GB and has 66 cartoons in it. Droopy, Screwy Squirrel, that one bull dog, the Wolf, etc. I used to love those cartoons as a kid and now I get to watch them all again! Sadly, 2 of the cartoons have no sound, but it's hard to complain when they're free. They're all .avi files too so I burned them to a single DVD and I can watch them on my TV via my Philips DVP642 that supports DivX playback.

There's also a torrent out there with every Looney Toon cartoon ever made which I'd LOVE to download.... except that it's about 90GB.
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That does sound cool. I also love the Tex Avery cartoons. I may try to get this later. What tracker did you find the torrent on?

That Looney Toon cartoon torrent is very tempting, but as you say, 90GB is big and would take quite some time and space to download. I am still tempted to though. Would need to clear a lot of space on my HDs first though.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Tex Avery torrent is at Demonoid, it's still fairly active so you should be able to download it. I'd definitely recommend it if you're a fan. The best thing is that all the cartoons are uncut (as far as I know) with all the un-PC stuff intact. I think the Looney Toons torrent is there as well, if not then it's on Isohunt.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't they have a Roadrunner torrent??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    Don't they have a Roadrunner torrent??
    I believe you are correct. To be honest, I'm not a HUGE fan of Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote, but I do enjoy them now and again (too much of the same you know). I'll probably just wait for them on DVD as they've already released quite a few on the 3 Looney Toons Golden Collection DVD sets.

The Tex Avery stuff I'm a little more worried about seeing a DVD release of because of the content. A lot of them have racial content that simply wouldn't fly in today's unfortunate PC world. There are even a few entire cartoons (ie. "Uncle Tom's Cabana" and "The Littlest Pygmy" to name a some) that I can EVER see getting a legitimate release. Same with Looney Toons. I SERIOUSLY doubt that "Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs" or "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips" will EVER come out on DVD.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very true about older cartoons. It is quite amazing how racist and how much non PC content they managed to get away with in them originally.

It has got to silly these days with everyone taking everyone way too seriously. Look at the cartoon incident recently that the Muslins were up in arms about. If a religious group can't see the funny side of something as light hearted as a cartoon designed just to light heartedly make fun of something and they cannot see the funny side of it then there is something seriously wrong with that culture and religion, that thats a discussion for another time and place.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    That is very true about older cartoons. It is quite amazing how racist and how much non PC content they managed to get away with in them originally.

It has got to silly these days with everyone taking everyone way too seriously. Look at the cartoon incident recently that the Muslins were up in arms about. If a religious group can't see the funny side of something as light hearted as a cartoon designed just to light heartedly make fun of something and they cannot see the funny side of it then there is something seriously wrong with that culture and religion, that thats a discussion for another time and place.
    Quoted for total agreement. Here's a link to a page with all of the cuts that were made to Looney Toons over the years: Looney Toons cuts. It's truly frightening what some of the things that got cut were. I got angrier and angrier as I read that list. It's just like you want to take the person or people who decided to cut some of those harmless gags and smash their head into a cinder block repeatedly.