Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I figure I'll be done with Shadow Hearts: Covenant quite soon, and am actually considering replaying it through the New Game+ option. Don't you just love it when you start a game, not expecting it to be that good, and it turns out to be brilliant fun?

After Shadow Hearts, I'll give Rogue Galaxy and Valkyrie Profile 2 a go. Who said the PS2 was dead?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The PS2 is far from dead. I think it will go on for years to come. There are so many games released on the platform that I can't see it ever truly dying completely.

I didn't get into Rogue Galaxy when I tried it. I only played for about an hour but I found the realtime control system a bit fiddly. By contrast I really enjoyed Valkyrie Profile 2, and am still playing the PSP VP game at the moment.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't you just love it when you start a game, not expecting it to be that good, and it turns out to be brilliant fun?
    That is always a surprise.
    After Shadow Hearts, I'll give Rogue Galaxy and Valkyrie Profile 2 a go.
    Why don't you try Shadow Hearts: From the New World?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From the New World is a great game too, and I like the new direction they took the series with that one. The 30's style art deco America works very well and the visuals are very nicely done. It doesn't follow on from the previous games but is set in the same gaming universe and has a similar combat system that I've always liked.

And that is true about such games. So often I've tried a game and not liked it or it hasn't gained my interest, and I've come back to it much later and suddenly been hooked on it and really enjoyed it. I think it is these games that normally end up being some of my all time favourites in the end.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll pick up the third Shadow Hearts as well at some point. The one I'd really like to try though (for the storyline) is the first Shadow Hearts. Maybe I can snatch it up secondhand somewhere.

I suppose games are like food, to a certain extent - you need to be exposed to them for a time before you can really make up your mind whether you like a certain taste or not.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harrison wrote: (In connection with the Hearts of Iron series)

I tried that game a while back and it was bloody hard!
    I can agree with that. It takes time to learn to play the game properly and to manage to overcome the first obstacles. I've actually spent some time reading the manual, which proved helpful.

It's a great time and a true strategy game. It's not a title which you can pick up and spend an hour playing, as a full game takes quite some time to finish.

Tried playing as Norway by the way, and THAT was hard, as you don't have much in the way of resources or manpower. Managed to halt of the Axis invation for a while, but it proved to tough in the end. Guess I'll have to play the game a lot more to be able to fend them off at a high difficulty level. It was fun to try though.

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im back to playing homeworld 2 (thanks to harrisons post on space games) with the Battlestar Galatica mod. The detail on the ships is awesome, and the gameplay is good. Its a bit hard though, get hit by 5 cyclon torpedo's and your dead, .
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not tried the HW2 BG mod yet. I really have to try that very soon as I'm getting BG withdraw symptoms waiting for the final series to air.

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm currently on Shadow Hearts: From The New World. It's a decent RPG, but truth be told, it doesn't feel as involved or compelling as Covenant. Not by far. The dark and sarcastic humour that was so prevalent in Covenant is also absent, being replaced by something more light-hearted, and, dare I say, adolescent. The gameplay remains intact, however, with some improvements here and there to keep things fresh.

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guitar Hero 2 (PS2)

Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

Haven't really played much else recently, not to any proper degree anyway. Been ('Trialing' - Ed) a lot of DS games but not really got massively stuck into all that many.