Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    True. I guess there is a big difference between an apple user and an apple 'fan'.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The biggest thing with Apple Fans is that they are on the whole much more naive to technology than the average PC user. They only know about Apple products, and because of how Apple works they expect all technology to plug into and work seamlessly without any user intevention and everything to work in exactly the same way. You could argue that it is a good thing if everything did work like that, and if you are talking about things like a washing machine then yes, but not a computer. The whole point of a computer is that it can be customised and built up by the user based on their needs and wants.

Something that has recently seen Apple come a bit unstuck was when OSX has actually started to ask the user to make a decision when connecting something! My God. What a shock that must have been to them! User input!

Equally Apple fans and Apple users who only ever use Apple products and never anything else seem to live in this little blinkered world where they don't seem to notice other products exist that actually do the same or very similar things to Apple's products. You would be surprised by the number of Apple fans who actually think Apple invented the mp3 and who thing iPod is the technology you run mp3s on, not a make a mp3 player.

And when a new Apple product comes out the devoted fans thing Apple invented the technology and all bow to the mighty Apple for their innovation. When in reality they have just taken other peoples hard work and repackaged it in an Apple branded box, added direct driver support for the new device into OSX so it doesn't require user input when first connected (the main advantage of owning a closed platform and selling all the devices you connect to it).

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Apple are just as evil as Microsoft.

Apple's method of doing stuff might be the prefered method of lots of people. In which case a Macintosh/other apple product would be a good solution.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No large company or organisation would be as large without doing some things that could be seen as questionable. If you stick to the rule book and don't take risks or chances when you see the opportunity then no one ever gets anywhere.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    True. I guess there is a big difference between an apple user and an apple 'fan'.
    Isnt an apple 'fan' used to keep the pie cool?
    This is not a signature

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J T View Post
    Isnt an apple 'fan' used to keep the pie cool?
    No it's one of those pointless decorations crap chefs make to hide the fact their food is awefull.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the uninstaller

Bonjour crashed Spore when quicktime decided to update itself when my wife used it. I rarely use Quicktime as it is slow and very low resolution at least on my system. 1280x1024 85mhz refresh Quicktime doesn't like that junk software imho.
    so anyway thanks for the uninstaler hope spore runs again!