My existing, quite old, Samsung E700 mobile finally broke last weekend. The phone sort of still works but the main display when you flip it open is screwed up and only sometimes shows the menu properly when opened partly at a funny angle. It's lasted a few years so I got my monies worth from it, and as I'm not that interested in 3G, Video Calling and Mobile Video I hadn't been that bothered with upgrading it (even though my GF has been moaning for ages that is was old and didn't do much!).

Anyway I popped into the local Orange shop and they had the Samsung Z400 on special offer, and while it does a lot more than I wanted (3G, video calling, MP3 playback etc...), at the price it was worth it as the basic models that looked rubbish and didn't do much were only £10 less.

They had none in stock though so I have to wait until Friday to pick one up.

So now what I was wondering. I have a load of mobile Java games that I downloaded recently and was wondering if anyone else has ever tried to install Java games locally onto their mobile? I've purchased Java games before now using WAP and downloaded them through the mobile which worked fine, but I need to know if anyone has tried installing Java games they "acquired" and if they got them to work?

On looking through a few sites it seems I can only install them via gprs, by using one of the free services that allow you to upload files, then access the files via the mobile to download and install them. A bit annoying, but if it works it will still be cheaper than actually purchasing and downloading the games properly.