Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that was the game. MIDI Maze was great fun in multiplayer, and as you say a very early networked death match game, far before any iD game existed.

The funny thing is that because the machines were networked in the shop we played it in I never knew how the actual network was setup, until just now when I read that wiki page! The game title now finally makes sense. Quite a unique idea to network machines using the midi ports.

And I agree about those ports too. It was completely stupid sticking the joystick ports under the ST so you had to lift the whole thing up to get to them. Most people ended up with joystick extenders so they didn't need to do that.

The Falcon was definitely a great idea. Basically just an updated ST, much like the A1200 compared to the A500. But as you say, it came too late to save the ST from demise and wasn't marketed or sold properly. Whispers: "I had wanted one too."

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all,

Well I heard that Amiga fans never got to enjoy the Privateer/Elite like game "Sundog: Frozen Legacy" which some of the older Atari ST fans are very fond off.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not heard of that game. I will have to have a rummage through my ST collection and give it a go.

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to agree on those bloody ports, done my head in, when my uncle borrowed us his ST on most Weekends.
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must admit, I would have to second Dungeon Master on the ST as being better, if only for the fact that I could never quite understand where the need for the Amiga version to require 1MB of memory came from. (Mind you, the Amiga did get EOTB as a upshot of Dungeon Master's success)

Captain Blood, especially audio-wise is a complete no-brainer. Loved it, had both the ST and the CPC version.

Not too certain about Midwinter, as I never played any version than the ST, but I loved the game, although I never completed it. But I had a lot of fun using STAC, having used the GAC on the CPC. I could never get to grips with STOS or AMOS tho...
    This is not a signature

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing Amiga users do owe the ST is in the development of STOS. Without it AMOS would never have been developed.

I remember buying STOS on release and really getting into it, experimenting with some simple shoot em up and maze style games. Not sure what happened to any of my STOS code though. And then when I got an Amiga I purchased AMOS quite quickly and was excited to find many of the commands were identical so it was quite easy to pick up and work with. Never really created anything worth showing to anyone else. I just used to play around with it for fun.