Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Classic Workbench Packs

Ok, I'll admit, I couldn't resist giving my site a plug!

For those who don't know about them, I have a site up with downloadable Workbench packs aimed mainly at those with real Amiga's but they work in emulators too. You'll need a Workbench 3/3.1 adf in order to get them booting. Oh, and a kickstart file too. Apart from that, they're something for nothing which can't be bad eh?

There is even a stand alone pack for A600/500+ Workbench 2 users!

Full instructions are provided on the site, along with screenshots and a video under "Features" in order to help you decide if they're useful or crapola.

http://classicwb.abime.net/

The video is also on YouTube, the site that attracts the biggest piles of digital junk the world has ever seen!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2a-fEE_7BC4

Don't be scared now, have a peek. It's measuring like 99.98% on the geek factor scale so you may have to take a shower to remove its lingering geeky-ness after you've viewed. You have been warned.
    Last edited by Bloodwych; 8th September 2007 at 10:07.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your classic Workbench packs are cool. I also liked seeing my cut-away A500 image being used as a Workbench backdrop in the second image on the Classic Workbench P96 pictures page. That image pops up all over the place since I created it years ago. Is always great seeing it.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Your classic Workbench packs are cool. I also liked seeing my cut-away A500 image being used as a Workbench backdrop in the second image on the Classic Workbench P96 pictures page. That image pops up all over the place since I created it years ago. Is always great seeing it.
    Indeed they are, my current CF is running classic os, great work by bloodwych, brightens up the good ol Workbench 3.0 /3.1, plus all the extras, make it 1 complete OS.
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also liked seeing my cut-away A500 image being used as a Workbench backdrop in the second image on the Classic Workbench P96 pictures page. That image pops up all over the place since I created it years ago. Is always great seeing it.
    I knew you'd spot that!

It's one great image! Noticed it's on your site too FOL.

How can anyone not like a cut away A500? Always nice to see it sat there at the top of the forum. I guess I should have asked your permission to distribute it but it didn't occur to me at the time. In fact, I think I'd downloaded it from here and forgotten where I'd got it from by the time I used it in the P96 packs. Thanks anyway for the pic - goes great with that Amiamp skin.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is just great to see it being used. No need to get permission.

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
    I also liked seeing my cut-away A500 image being used as a Workbench backdrop in the second image on the Classic Workbench P96 pictures page. That image pops up all over the place since I created it years ago. Is always great seeing it.
    I knew you'd spot that!

It's one great image! Noticed it's on your site too FOL.

How can anyone not like a cut away A500? Always nice to see it sat there at the top of the forum. I guess I should have asked your permission to distribute it but it didn't occur to me at the time. In fact, I think I'd downloaded it from here and forgotten where I'd got it from by the time I used it in the P96 packs. Thanks anyway for the pic - goes great with that Amiamp skin.
    Lmfao, I didnt know it was from here, I found it after doing a google search, and it deffo wasnt from here. As I had forgotten about this site, only found it again cause the naughty site staff , were direct linking to my downloads (which is a good thing really, as i would never have found site again, ).

Harrison, you got a high res version? I have had a thought, on where I could use it next, .
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sure thing. I will dig the original version up for you.

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just added a new ClassicWB pack dedicated to a forum member who passed away earlier this year.

It's called the Green Amiga Alien Edition (based on Workbench 2.1) and is for Amiga's with 68000 CPUs and kickstart 2 roms - in other words A600/500+ users.

Hopefully this will come in useful for some people, as many kept asking for an A600 version!
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very late in replying to the last post, but that GAAE pack is really good. I've recently used it with my A600 and a new HD I had spare and it is great. Much nicer than trying to set Workbench up from scratch, and so much nicer than the HD setup I used to run on there.

It is also a great dedication to the forum member who passed away.

And keep up the great work with the ClassicWB packs Bloodwych. They are great and I try to recommend them to anyone trying to setup a real Amiga with HD as it offers so much for a new user to explore.

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem Harrison!

I get out of the Amiga community much more than I put in, so it's just nice to offer a little back.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I updated them the 6th Jan and added better built-in WHDLoad support. It now has scripts to automatically search the games and demos directories and make a text list for the LazyBench list launcher. Prevents you having to do any manual work.

You might want to copy over the "ButtonMenu" folder to your A600HD if you require the added function.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench