Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had 2 FPS installed on my PC, Far Cry and Doom 3. I only tested Doom 3 as I liked the dark athmosphere, and I also loved the setting in Far Cry on the island. But I didn't even play the first level, it was nice to show my friends in the beginning, but that's all.

Anyway, I was also impressed when I saw Stalker and now Bioshock, but with my X800 GPU, it won't run properly I suppose. And if I'm honest, I don't even care. I really converted from PC gamer to console gamer, which was due to japanese RPG games. And I prefer playing sports and racing games on the console, as it runs perfectly, doesn't need an install, and is perfectly controllable with a gamepad.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You really should have played Farcry through a bit further, just because the game offers a lot more than the first level presents you. And later sections have so much variety.

Even the outside areas become more breathtaking later on. I especially loved one area where you come to a ravine with a bridge spanning it and an ancient stone ruined fortress at the other side teaming with enemy soldiers. Using the sniper rifle to pick them off before then crossing the bridge to finish clearing out the ruins was great.
    And just as you thought it was all clear helicopter gun ships appear, firing at you and dropping fresh troops into the ruins. Amazing stuff.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Competent My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    You really should have played Farcry through a bit further, just because the game offers a lot more than the first level presents you. And later sections have so much variety.

Even the outside areas become more breathtaking later on. I especially loved one area where you come to a ravine with a bridge spanning it and an ancient stone ruined fortress at the other side teaming with enemy soldiers. Using the sniper rifle to pick them off before then crossing the bridge to finish clearing out the ruins was great.
    And just as you thought it was all clear helicopter gun ships appear, firing at you and dropping fresh troops into the ruins. Amazing stuff.
    Indeed it is, i still aint finished it, . I will have to install it and finish it.
    On news of PSPUAE update on DCEMU came this reply, lol.

[quote=djk21108;]this will sure make that horace guy happy....[/quote]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How far have you got so far? Farcry is a huge game and goes on for a very long time. Definitely get your monies worth from it.

The last part of the game, which starts with you waking at the top of a waterfall, without any weapons, and the forest below teaming with mutants is bloody hard, and doesn't get much easier once you get through that part to the wrecked helicopter.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner
    Anyway, I was also impressed when I saw Stalker and now Bioshock, but with my X800 GPU, it won't run properly I suppose.
    Actually, I bought Bioshock on Steam the other day (avoiding that incredibly stupid copy-protection hassle on the hard-copy). Everyone is talking about how it is so demanding on your hardware but it runs fine on my 7800GT with the detail level way up. Surprising, I was expecting to have to run it on medium to low settings from the way people talk about it.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good news. I will have to grab a copy.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good news. I will have to grab a copy.
    Tada -->

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have now "grabbed" a copy of Bioshock, and after eventually figuring out how to circumnavigate the copy protection (see my other post about this) I've now had chance to play it. And I found the same as Teho, which is unsurprising as we have similar setups with 7800GT and Athlon 64 CPU. I set it up with all highest settings in 1280x1024 and it runs perfectly. Very smooth framerate and some very nice looking graphics. The water effects are definitely as good, if not better than anything else I've seenm as is the fire.

I can't really say anything about the story as it would ruin all the great surprises and set pieces. Also talking about weapons would also ruin it a bit, but lets just say the combat is fun and quite different to your standard shooter. Great setting for the game too.

If any of you haven't tried the game yet I highly recommend you grab a copy. Same goes for Stalker. I would even go as far as to say Bioshock will appeal to anyone who is not such a fan of FPS's just because of how good it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought Gears of war when it first came out on the Xbox 360 at Christmas last year. In my opinion Gears of war is the best FPS game available.

Gears of war is one of the best Xbox 360 games I have ever played. The graphics are photo realistic and playing as a commando who was put in a high security jail for war crimes who is let out of jail to save the world is great.

Its got violence, gore, swearing, amazing graphics, great music, great story, great atmosphere, its erie, its frightening, its spooky, and it's scary. It is one of the most atmospheric games I have ever played. And it has "Mad world" by REM as its title song.

There are only two other games recently released that match up to it that are also great; Bioshock and Halo 3.

Gears of war is a year old now and although its late making it to the PC if you have never played it, don't have an Xbox 360, and do have a PC, then I believe it is a must buy.

It is the best game on Xbox 360, especially online with headsets and has great options such as creating clans from your friends list, joining leagues and entering xbox live tournaments and Xbox live themed all night gaming nights where you can even play the creators of the game.

If you haven't played Gears of war its ideal for Halloween go get it now.

Its a Mad Mad World

Go here for footage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWrbGEFgI8

Note from Harrison: This post has been edited to make it more world readable.

Last edited by Harrison; 12th October 2007 at 23:35. Reason: edited by Harrison to make it legible.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think we need footage of Gears of War, as by now everybody knows the game.

I just bought a PS3, and some FPS are also great, as is R:FOM. But perhaps not as awesome as GOW.
    Last edited by Harrison; 12th October 2007 at 23:04. Reason: removed comments directed at another member.