PDA

View Full Version : Music Favourite Metallica Album?

Harrison
13th August 2007, 02:07
I've just been spending the past few weeks listening to all of the Metallica albums quite a bit, especially in the car, so was wondering which albums are your favourites?

Personally I don't have one favourite album, but I do like their earlier albums up to the 1991 Black Album more than the later ones. From the Black Album their sound started to become more studio produced and they began to lose some of their raw energy, but it's all still great.

I also love the S&M live album too, and the DVD is brilliant, with some of the best use of multi angle and multi sound track I've seen on a DVD to date, with the ability to isolate and listen to each member playing alone, as well as watching each from different angles. Brilliant. And the orchestral arrangements work really well.

But if I did have to pick only one album it would be Master of Puppets.

So what are your favourite albums?

Demon Cleaner
13th August 2007, 12:21
I like the first 3 albums a lot, and if I have to chose, I will also vote for Master of Puppets, just the perfect album, whereas Ride the Lightning had only some minor weaknesses.

Tiago
14th August 2007, 16:09
Kill 'em all is my favorite.
When they started creating the albun, they had Carry King from Slayer and Dave Mustain from Megadeth in the line up !!!! I have a live album with them!

did you know the 2 track "the four hoursemen" is different from what wrote?
Dave from Megadeth was with them at that time and the song title was "Mechanix" and they broke up before the album was released, Dave left Metallica to found Megadeth and Metallica changed the song name and even the lyrics, but the music line is the same with the same riffs. You should listen to the Megadeth 1st albun that contains the original soung.

It's a very strong riff album. Master of Puppets it's also great.

Demon Cleaner
14th August 2007, 16:19
Mustaine still released the Mechanix track on his first album, Killing is my business, and business is good, but different than The four horseman.

And as far as I know, Kerry King was never a member of Metallica. Kirk Hammett was a member of Exodus before replacing Mustaine.

Tiago
14th August 2007, 16:24
Mustaine still released the Mechanix track on his first album, Killing is my business, and business is good, but different than The four horseman.

And as far as I know, Kerry King was never a member of Metallica. Kirk Hammett was a member of Exodus before replacing Mustaine.

Sorry, you're right. :whistle:
Kerry King was a Megadeth member before the first album of Megadeth.

long time i dont listen to "Killing is my business, and business is good", but my favorite from Megadeth is "Rust in Peace"

in BNR www.bnrmetal.com
"Megadeth was formed by guitarist Dave Mustaine after his well-publicized departure from Metallica, with early lineups featuring guitarists Kerry King (Slayer) and Greg Handevidt (Kublai Khan) among others. "

Harrison
14th August 2007, 16:34
"Rust in Peace" is also my favourite Megadeth album. I also liked "Peace Sells... But Who's Buyin"". Although I was never into them as much as Metallica.

LowercaseE
6th February 2008, 15:22
"Kill 'Em All" is my favorite because it's the most raw and aggressive sounding. Also, I tend to be one of those "the first album is the best" type of guys so that's probably a contributing factor.

RtL and MoP are also great albums too. I don't like the guitar sound on MoP though, it's too lifeless and sterile. That's when they switched over to Mesa gear though, instead of Marshall which they used on their first album. Bad move, Marshall rules the metal world.

I can't stand any other Metallica albums beyond the first three.

Tiago
6th February 2008, 20:56

And Justice for all was nice.... don't you like this one?

LowercaseE
6th February 2008, 23:29

And Justice for all was nice.... don't you like this one?

No, I'm just not a fan of it. Musically, it does have its moments but the lifeless, sterile production absolutely ruins it for me. The guitar sound is completely one dimensional, as are the drums and vocals. The sound of the album just occupies this unpleasant sonic range that grates on my nerves.