PDA

View Full Version : Who was the worst developer of Amiga games

toomanymikes
7th August 2007, 19:23
These days bad developers are 10 a penny, but who was (in your opinion) the worst developer of Amiga games?
I remember hating Solid Gold with as much vitrioil as some people reserve for EA today - every thing they published just seemed rushed (Street Fighter 2 and Final Fight seem to stand out in my memory as being particulary awful).:thumbsdown2:

AlexJ
7th August 2007, 19:32
A company called Alternative Software developed some absolute rubbish TV and film tie-ins. Early examples of using the licence to sell the game, as the game by itself wouldn't have shifted.

Harrison
8th August 2007, 11:31
How about Mirage Media, the developers of Rise of the Robots. Need I say more?

Did you also know that they even went on to develop a sequel called Rise 2? Which was releases on the PSX and Saturn. Amazing considering the development costs of the first game and its lack of success.

Sharingan
8th August 2007, 12:50
I usually don't remember the bad games, nor the bad developers associated with said bad games. I'm quick to chuck away games that I consider awful, so they never really make an impression on me.

The worst developers, to me, are probably the ones that make retarded games based on movies. There have been some good ones (Robocop 3), but most are just awful rush jobs, to cash in on the success of an accompanying film. Unfortunately, most of that crap actually does manage to pull in some profit, otherwise no one would be making them.

toomanymikes
8th August 2007, 13:20
Too true - it still goes on today so they must be bringing in money. Who is it that buys these games?

Harrison
8th August 2007, 13:35
Fans obsessed with buying anything related to a franchise. A good example of this is Star Wars and Star Trek games. Many great games have been made based on both franchise, but equally there have been a huge number of dire games based on both that have still made a profit just because of the franchise.

toomanymikes
8th August 2007, 13:38
Yeah, I suppose its a bit like buying a naff cd just cos you like one song on it or the band that made it.

Demon Cleaner
8th August 2007, 14:59
Unfortunately Battle Trucks has no developer, it was coded by one guy.(and again the game is mentioned :lol:). Btw, if you enter Battle Trucks in Google, CA comes in 3rd place.

Harrison
8th August 2007, 15:21
I just tried and it came up as 2nd place in the results. :)