PDA

View Full Version : Spot the mistake...

v85rawdeal
4th August 2007, 22:40
I was bumming around the 'net on Saturday evening and came across the Computer And Video Games website. Whilst I was there I noticed the following on their review for 'Just Cause.'

Suddenly, before our eyes, Just Cause really started to shine. We were shown demonstrations of just a few of the hundreds of vehicles you get to play around with (reminding us oddly of the old 8-bit classic Midwinter), but what we saw included such feats as jumping out of a plane, freefalling through the sky for absolutely ages, finally deploying a parachute, gliding down to a random spot on the whole (huge) island, steering towards a moving car, landing on it, pulling out the driver and racing away to freedom. James Bond eat your heart out.

I always knew that the editors of C&VG were dumb... but I didn't know they couldn't count!!!

Demon Cleaner
7th August 2007, 05:26
Perhaps they thought Midwinter was also released on an 8-bit platform :)

Harrison
7th August 2007, 09:41
That is quite a classic mistake.

Often seen when people try to look knowledgeable of the past and get it wrong because they were not actually there at the time! Trying to be smart often ends up worse than sticking to the facts you know are true.

slicer1000
14th September 2007, 23:15
Often seen when people try to look knowledgeable of the past and get it wrong because they were not actually there at the time!

Your right there or there just some writer who has very little knowledge or interest in games. Retro gamer is a prime example.