PDA

View Full Version : Ars Technica aricle on history of the Amiga

J T
2nd August 2007, 13:49
Ars Technica are running an article on the history of the Amiga, in a number of parts.

So far, it has been quite an interesting read, maybe not quite as dry as many of the other articles on this subject.

Ars Technica, Amiga history (http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/a-history-of-the-amiga-part-1.ars/1)

Also, check out that dude's (Jay Miner) beard! Awesome :thumbs:

Demon Cleaner
2nd August 2007, 14:04
I saw that, they also posted the news at Amiga-News, the german site. Jay Miner's beard looks like it's a fake, like someone cut out his face and pasted it into this picture.

Harrison
2nd August 2007, 14:06
Jay Miner definitely had a mad beard and would have felt right at home in many German towns. Maybe we should all try to grow one so we can become truly one with the Amiga and it's heritage! :hmmm:

Harrison
2nd August 2007, 14:08
Jay Miner's beard looks like it's a fake, like someone cut out his face and pasted it into this picture.

:lol: It looks like that in all the pictures I've seen of him. Just a mad sun tan and lots of careful beard trimming involved!

J T
2nd August 2007, 14:11
I bet all the other Amiga sites are discussing this article seriously, while we are laughing the guy's beard.

That is why this is the only Amiga website worth sticking with :cool:

Demon Cleaner
2nd August 2007, 15:01
I bet all the other Amiga sites are discussing this article seriously, while we are laughing the guy's beard.

That is why this is the only Amiga website worth sticking with :cool::lol: That could be, but we take some subjects from the lesser serious side, which I prefer.

Harrison
2nd August 2007, 16:47
Well, it is a good article, but most of us here already know the sum of its contents so we can concentrate on the more serious aspects of it's content such as the realism of facial hair. ;)

TiredOfLife
2nd August 2007, 21:54
You can count me out.
Started to grow a beard very recently.
Although it's been pissing it down lately, it's still been quite warm.
My face was itchy as hell.
Always grown a beard in the winter in the past.
Now I know why.

v85rawdeal
2nd August 2007, 22:05
Hmmmm...

I don't like having a beard... but I also find shaving a pain...

Looks like I gonna go get me some of that Veet stuff!

AlexJ
2nd August 2007, 22:34
Hmmmm...

I don't like having a beard... but I also find shaving a pain...

Looks like I gonna go get me some of that Veet stuff!

I've gotta feeling that might be much more pain than shaving.

Veet: Rips the hair right outta your face...

v85rawdeal
2nd August 2007, 22:39
MMMMmmmmm, nic.... *looks around, remembering where he is*

*cough cough* ow, that, er, sounds quite painful... maybe I will give it a miss!

Demon Cleaner
2nd August 2007, 23:12
I always have a beard, but change beard form from time to time. But I never wear a full beard, as my skin is very dry and then it scratches too much, and that already after 3-4 days, as I have a very strong growing and very dense beard.

Teho
2nd August 2007, 23:23
I've had that.. uh.. partial beard thing you can see on my pic for many years. Never shaved it off after I grew it. Only itches if I haven't trimmed it in a while, but otherwise it's not bothersome at all. Not interested in growing a full beard though, so it'll have to do for my Amiga beard!

Harrison
3rd August 2007, 00:06
I did try growing a beard years ago, but a big patch of eczema developed to the side of my mouth which wasn't nice so I gave up and shaved it off.

Submeg
3rd August 2007, 15:34
Dude, he's not growing a beard he seriously has a bear growing on his face! Look!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/Submeg/jay-miner-1.jpg

NB: This image is not photoshopped.

Also, that is nothing compared to this beard...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/Submeg/beard2.jpg

Demon Cleaner
3rd August 2007, 15:42
NB: This image is not photoshopped.So what? Paintshopped :)

Submeg
3rd August 2007, 15:43
Hmm....maybe :hmmm: