PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy confusion

Demon Cleaner
31st July 2007, 23:13
I now just saw that I still have some FF games on my HDD. But I will list everything here, because I don't have the perspective anymore. So I have:

- Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI (NTSC English version, and I & II are bundled in one image)
- Final Fantasy Anthology (Europe edition PAL)
- Final Fantasy Anthology V & VI
- Final Fantasy Chronicles IV

So what are the differences here?

Harrison
31st July 2007, 23:53
Are these all PSX releases or are some different? SNES for example?

Here is an explanation of the PSX games, and this may confuse you a bit because the US and EU releases of the same packages contained different games!

- Final Fantasy Origin (EU and US versions) - contains FFI and FFII.
- Final Fantasy Anthology (US version) - contains FFV and FFVI plus bonus audio CD.
- Final Fantasy Anthology (EU version) - contains FFIV and FFV.
- Final Fantasy Chronicles (US version) - contains FFIV and Chrono Trigger.
- Final Fantasy Collection (JP only) - contains FFIV, FFV and FFVI.

Chronicles wasn't released in Europe. FFIV was instead released as a standalone game in Europe.

The English version of FFIV was previously unreleased outside of Japan, although it was confusingly released previously as Final Fantasy III in the US.

I'm not sure of where the FF1 and FFII you have are from that are bundled into a single image, as Origin has the two games on seperate CDs.

So the only original FF game not re-released on the PSX is the real Japanese only FFIII.

Demon Cleaner
1st August 2007, 00:24
I now saw that I already have Chrono Trigger. And I now burned Fanal Fantasy I & II, and it shows a nice menu where you can chose between I or II. And it's indeed Final Fantasy Origins.

EDIT:I burn all my images now, and the burn of Final Fantasy III was immediately finished, then I looked and it only had 1.2MB. After running it, I saw that it's the SNES emulated version, but it's in english. So that is supposedly the one which originally never found the way to US or EU.

Harrison
1st August 2007, 03:30
It could be the fan translated version of FFIII.

Demon Cleaner
1st August 2007, 11:43
Yep, and I'm sure I have it for several consoles, but who cares ;)