PDA

View Full Version : Forum - unread post updates?

Submeg
27th July 2007, 00:35
I've been noticing this.....sometimes it updates threads that havent had a post in about a month....why does it do that? :eyebrow:

Sharingan
27th July 2007, 06:15
Might those threads be polls? I think that when someone votes in an old poll, that thread will be marked as having had a new post in it. At least, that's what sometimes happens with the 'Have you ever physically thrown a joystick?' thread.

Submeg
27th July 2007, 06:41
Hmm, could be true...not sure if all of them are polls though...should have taken notice of that ;)

Demon Cleaner
27th July 2007, 09:09
When you vote in a poll, it shows that thread as unread post, even if there was nothing posted. And when new members arrive, the also vote in the poll but don't post, and we'll get it as unread.

Harrison
27th July 2007, 09:31
Yep. I made it so polls get marked as unread when new votes are cast. Otherwise we would never know a new vote had been added to the poll.

It is also possible for staff moderators to bump a thread up, even if it doesn't have any new posts, and this would also mark it as unread to draw attention to it.

Submeg
27th July 2007, 13:36
Oh ok, that explains it then :thumbs:

Buleste
6th December 2007, 13:52
Help!! I've got 16 unread posts that i can't get rid of and it's probably due to voting in polls but how do i get rid of them.

StuKeith
6th December 2007, 14:18
Help!! I've got 16 unread posts that i can't get rid of and it's probably due to voting in polls but how do i get rid of them.

Under "Quick links" menu you can choose "Mark Forums Read"

Buleste
6th December 2007, 14:21
Moocho grassy arse.

Harrison
6th December 2007, 14:38
The same "mark all forums read" option is also available at the bottom of the forum root page too.

Buleste
6th December 2007, 14:40
Figured out which posts were staying unread and it was the ones in the Vault section. Thanks for the help though. I'll just keep on marking all forums read.

Harrison
6th December 2007, 14:43
Do you have access to the Vault?

Buleste
6th December 2007, 14:50
Not as far as i know. It asks me for a password and i don't know if it's mt site password or a different one.