PDA

View Full Version : TV Making of Dragon's Lair

Demon Cleaner
25th July 2007, 11:20
I found this video today, and thought I would post it here, mainly for Submeg, as he's also a Dragon's Lair fanatic. This is a making of which runs for 18 minutes, interview with Don Bluth and also the Laser Disc inventor. They also have some funny quotes, as the video is from back then, when the Laser Disc was all new.

Making of Dragon's Lair (http://dc.classicamiga.com/root/The%20Making%20of%20Dragons%20Lair.avi)

@Submeg
Can you delete it after watching or downloading, as I uploaded it to the webspace I have at Classicamiga, and it takes 130MB. Thanks.

Submeg
25th July 2007, 12:28
SWEET! Cheers man, will do :)

Harrison
25th July 2007, 13:57
Cool. I will watch this later.

Submeg
25th July 2007, 21:26
Hmm...all that came out was audio, no video :(

AlexJ
25th July 2007, 21:44
More than likely due to a missing codec. Download VLC Media Player.

Demon Cleaner
6th September 2007, 09:19
@Submeg
Can I remove the file?

Harrison
6th September 2007, 09:51
I've not watched it myself yet. 130MB isn't that large so you can leave it on there for the moment. We have a lot of space on the server at the moment so it's OK.

Demon Cleaner
6th September 2007, 10:16
Ok, I will just move it in a different directory on the server, as I have many things now in the root, but always want to keep directories neatly arranged.

Submeg
6th September 2007, 12:23
Yea Ive got it and have watched a bit, very cool!

Tiago
6th September 2007, 12:56
More than likely due to a missing codec. Download VLC Media Player.

I had the same problem, but VLC did it.

The film is quite good. I wonder if exists some where the full movie from start to end. (with all the correct movements). I'am sure that someone record the full sequence, that would be great to see.

Dragon's Lair in Blu-ray !!
http://www.hardcoreware.net/dragons-lair-blu-ray-java-review/

Harrison
6th September 2007, 13:33
I had a quick search for a Dragon's Lair longplay video but there are none on youtube, unless you want to watch the NES version which isn't the same game (side scrolling platform game).

DC, maybe it's time you put those DL skills to use again and record a Daphne Dragon's Lair speedrun? ;)

Demon Cleaner
6th September 2007, 13:51
DC, maybe it's time you put those DL skills to use again and record a Daphne Dragon's Lair speedrun? ;)Yeah, would be great. Only thing is, that is over 20 years ago, but you can find walkthroughs everywhere on the net.

v85rawdeal
6th September 2007, 13:58
just a quick reply...

DODEMOMODEDIRK

If I remember rightly, that was the old cheat for the game that ran through the whole game correctly.

Let me know if I am wrong...