PDA

View Full Version : My newest hand tattoo

Demon Cleaner
25th July 2007, 05:10
The only place I did not want a tattoo, were my hands, but I already did some letters on my fingers, and also my thumbs and my pinkies were done. So it was no big step forward to do also the whole back of the hand. But I had also to tattoo over the letters on this hand. Here's the result:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/hand4.jpg

The whole was inspired by a friend of mine from France, who also has a hand tattooed, and gets his other hand tattooed today in Strasbourg. The tattoo itself was also made in France, about 20km from my hometown in Luxembourg.

Blue Jedi
25th July 2007, 09:09
Thats a good tattoo you have.

I am thinkining of getting a video games tattoo of Monkey Island 2 or Sonic or something awsome but it is hard finding a video games tattoist.

There are tattoists that specilise in video games tattoos but they are all in silicon valley. I want a very good one that specilises in video games tattoos that are identical to the video game tatto I want and I want to find one in Manchester.

Here is some of the tattoos i have been concidering.

http://www.everytattoo.com/gamesonic.jpg

http://www.bmeink.com/A70723/high/bmegl565323.jpg

http://banklocater.com/images/200610201339-pix1.JPG

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/sevenyearrest/MARIO007.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/155431369_c95228eb05.jpg?v=0

J T
25th July 2007, 09:17
[QUOTE=Demon Cleaner;8961]...ink...QUOTE]

Holy shit! Doesn't that hurt like hell? I know you have tons of tattoos (from pics posted before) - do you have any areas that aren't inked? I'm imagining head and face are not done..... yet?....

I don't have any tattoos, probably won't get any done if I haven't already. Always been kind of interested though, but it'd take something really quite special to make me want to have it on me for ever - they are kind of cool in a way but I think maybe it's just not for me.

Demon Cleaner
25th July 2007, 10:21
I am thinkining of getting a video games tattoo of Monkey Island 2 or Sonic or something awsome but it is hard finding a video games tattoist.I think every tattooist can make you a great tattoo, whether usual tattoos or video games related, if you bring him the right picture, he'll do it just fine.

I like the pixelated Sonic, and also the Pacman. Imo the guy with his whole arm video game tattoo is too much, you have to consider that it is for your whole life, so when you get bored of the whole in 2-3 years, you're pretty screwed. I don't have a video game tattoo yet, as I'm not quite finished with my body, and I have mostly biomechanical tattoos, so that won't fit.

Holy shit! Doesn't that hurt like hell? I know you have tons of tattoos (from pics posted before) - do you have any areas that aren't inked? I'm imagining head and face are not done..... yet?....First of all, it hurts everywhere, some places less, some more. This one was fine, only between the fingers and on the bones it was more painful. I did it in 3½ hours.

My head and face are not inked, and I'll never ink my face, but I have a very big one in the back of my neck. I've also already done below the front neck, just above the chest. Arms are full, back is quite full, belly is quite full, I have still my chest to do and some places on the upper body (and the front neck!).

My legs aren't tattooed at all so far, as I concentrate on my body first.

Submeg
25th July 2007, 12:32
Yea the pacman and the pixel sonic are cool. Damn, DC is just one big walking inkman. :)

Harrison
25th July 2007, 14:09
I like the hand tattoo. Nice work.

Those full arm Nintendo tattoos look great, but as you say they will date quickly and once there you are stuck. Very rich colours used. But imagine if Nintendo or Sega suddenly served you with a copyright notice, telling you to remove their images! :lol:

I do like the pixelated Sonic one and think that if you are going to get a retro gaming tatto that you get one like that, as being retro it won't age in quite the same way as just getting art from existing gaming artwork.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but this guy I work with is very much into tattooing but has taken it much too far in my view. He started off with the normaly stuff, getting his arms and body inked, but then moved on to his head. He doesn't have much hair so had the back and sides of his head done, then he started on his face, which I never think is a good idea as you can over up other areas of your body if needed (say for a job interview or important event) but once you start getting your face done you cannot do much about this. He started by having New Zealand style markings across one half of his whole face, and then had more added to the rest of his face, bit it didn't stop there. He has now gone on to have the whole of one of his arms completely blackened so it is just solid black, and now he has had one whole side of his head blackened in the same way. Not sure if he has also had any of the rest of that side of his body done like this too, but personally I think it looks stupid.

Demon Cleaner
25th July 2007, 14:20
He has now gone on to have the whole of one of his arms completely blackened so it is just solid black, and now he has had one whole side of his head blackened in the same way.I also think that's very stupid. Then don't get tattooed at all. Perhaps he had some ugly tattoos he wanted removed. That's why I have most in bio-mechanical style, as it looks great, and you have so much to look and discover, and it's something that you don't get bored with.

Harrison
25th July 2007, 14:28
The bio-mechanical style will definitely not date in the way other styles of art would. Definitely a good choice, and as you say, with the amount of detail they are interesting to look at and explore.

Sharingan
25th July 2007, 17:12
I've never been into tattooing myself, but the one you got there looks wicked.

Wikipedia says something about the tattoo-procedure:

The most common method of tattooing in modern times is the electric tattoo machine, which inserts ink into the skin via a group of needles that are soldered onto a bar, which is attached to an oscillating unit. The unit rapidly and repeatedly drives the needles in and out of the skin, usually 80 to 150 times a second.

Spiffy, all I can say :)

If I ever get a tattoo done, it'll likely be a Chinese-style dragon, or something like that. Then again, Chinese-style dragons are pretty damn BIG ... can you say 'ouch'?

Demon Cleaner
25th July 2007, 18:27
Chinese-style dragons are pretty damn BIGAlso pretty damn popular and a very often seen tattoo.

Blue Jedi
25th July 2007, 18:28
I like the pixelated Sonic aswell they are very popular there all lots of people gamers getting pixelated marios and sonics. Also mushrooms form mario world are very poular.

I like the Pacman tattoo aswell although I would prefer it going around my wrist like a watch does rather than in a line on my arm.

I would like the colours to be very rich and colour full but will they fade and go green because that would ruin the tattoo. I have also see some glow in the dark tattoos that are only visable in the dark they are very cool.

I would like the Pacman tatto and Snic or pixelated sonic tattoos they are awsome I also want a pixelated Monkey Island 2 Guybrush Threepwood tattoo exactly like my avatar.

Did you know that you can get paid for having adverts tattoed. Its not a great idea but just thought i would mention it.

Submeg
25th July 2007, 21:28
I like the Pacman tattoo aswell although I would prefer it going around my wrist like a watch does rather than in a line on my arm.

That is an awesome idea!

Blue Jedi
25th July 2007, 21:31
Thanks.

Harrison
26th July 2007, 00:03
I've also wondered about tattoos fading as they get older. Is this true? Do you know about this DC? I often see old guys with army tattoos and they have gone a murky green colour and very blurry, making the detail and writing in them hard to make out.

Demon Cleaner
26th July 2007, 04:56
Yeah, the colors are fading, but that depends on different things.

If after you got tattood you go immediately into the sun and in the swimming pool for the next 2-3 weeks, is the baddest thing you can do. Doing too much sport isn't good as well, as your skin has to recover.

Also colors that mostly fade are yellow and red, it depends also on the colors the tattooist uses, if he uses crap colors, they fade.

It also depends where you work, if you are exposed to the sun a lot of the time is not good. Sun is NEVER good for tattoos, also after several years. Or imagine me working as a mechanic with the tattoo on my hand, that wouldn't be so good.

Also depending on the tattooist himself, if he doesn't work well the colors, they also can fade. Not tattooed deep enough f.ex. The photos of tattoos you see are always new, and shine brightly because of the cream they put on them.

So if you get a tattoo, take good care of it.

Blue Jedi
26th July 2007, 10:01
Thanks this is really encouraging to hear when i am thinking about getting some gameing tattos.

How do i know if tattooist is using the best ink and can tattoos be recoloured after they fade.

Because if I get a pixelated sonic and a guybrush threepwood tattoo just like my avatar and a pacman chasing ghosts around my wrist I want it to look new and the colours to shine bright.

Demon Cleaner
26th July 2007, 10:45
How do i know if tattooist is using the best ink and can tattoos be recoloured after they fade.Any good tattooist uses good ink, don't waste your money (and obviously your skin) and go to any one just around who is cheaper. Take your time, and ask a few people you know, if they know a good tattooist.

Of course tattoos can be recolored, and that's also what a lot of people do. But if it's well done, the colors will last very long, even for a life time. Choose wisely ;)

You can always inform yourself on the net about tattoos and how to take care about. Here's (http://www.tattoocrew.lu/) the site from the guy I usually go here in Luxembourg. The hand tattoo was made in France.

Blue Jedi
26th July 2007, 16:39
Thanks

There are tattoists that specilise in video games tattoos and thats what i am looking for also because they specilise in video games tattoos they are allowed to use the origional art work from games and they are very skilled in video games tattoos.

It is very hard trying to find tattoists that specilise in video games tattoos

The only one I know of is in silicon valley and so i may have to go to sillicon valley.

I want the best tattooist that specilise in video games tattoos I want to find one in Manchester because I go to Manchester alot.

toomanymikes
17th August 2007, 12:41
I did a design that a mate used as a tattoo - it was the symbol for his band. I'll try and get a pic of it uploaded later on - its just a sketchy looking skull thing that i drew in a rage when i was a kid but he loved it!

Demon Cleaner
7th October 2007, 22:52
Ok, I now did also the other hand. The picture isn't really good, it was shot with a mobile phone.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/cioprgr/bothhands.jpg

Submeg
7th October 2007, 23:27
Thats some crazy stuff...:blink:

Demon Cleaner
8th October 2007, 14:09
...for some crazy guy ;)

J T
8th October 2007, 15:19
I've always thought it would be funny if someone had a ruler tatooed on their piece.

Not me though, obv. I doubt the tatooists round here could count that high :smokin:

Harrison
8th October 2007, 17:37
Looks great DC. :)

I've always thought it would be funny if someone had a ruler tatooed on their piece.

Not me though, obv. I doubt the tatooists round here could count that high :smokin:

Yeah, I heard many leave school in your area unable to count past 2 ;)

J T
8th October 2007, 18:14
Looks great DC. :)

Yeah, I heard many leave school in your area unable to count past 2 ;)

2 ft

:coffee:

Harrison
8th October 2007, 18:19
I've seen those rulers too JT. The ones where they print larger measurements on centimetre markings! ;)

J T
8th October 2007, 18:53
I've seen those rulers too JT. The ones where they print larger measurements on centimetre markings! ;)

I've never seen them.... but you seem to know a great deal.... You must have used one then.

:p

Harrison
8th October 2007, 18:56
Good comeback. :thumbs: :lol:

J T
8th October 2007, 19:00
Cheers :D

But seriously, I wonder if anyone has done this? Sounds very painful, and also there is the enlargement/shrinking issue (like when you write on a balloon and inflate or deflate it).

Also, you know they'd fiddle the units a little bit, just to make it that bit bigger.

Submeg
8th October 2007, 21:47
:lol: what an interesting "discussion" you have here :unsure:

toomanymikes
11th October 2007, 12:43
Its like that joke:
Two guys are stood at the urinals in a toilet. One looks over and sees the other has 'Wny' tattooed on his shlong. 'Hey, I didnt mean to look but I see you have Wny tattooed down there! Look at this - I have a Wny tattoo on my old man too!" and with that proudly shows it to the guy. "When this bad boy gets excited it says 'Wendy'! Is your girlfriend called Wendy too?" he asks. The other guy turns to him smiling and says "No, when I get excited it says 'Welcome my man, have a nice day'! Now what was all this about a Girlfriend?"

Sharingan
12th October 2007, 06:36
Heh. Nice one.

Puni/Void
12th October 2007, 08:09
:D Hehe.. good one!