PDA

View Full Version : TV What are you watching as you read this?

v85rawdeal
21st July 2007, 16:06
I tend to have the TV on in the background when I am online (mainly 'cos I don't pay the leccy bill (someone else does)), and I was wondering what people tend to have on in the background whilst they surf.

At the moment I am watching Top Gear - The episode with the covertible people carrier:lol:

Stephen Coates
21st July 2007, 18:47
I have stopped using the television and computer at the same time. Only do that rarely now, and at the moment, the television is switched off.

AlexJ
21st July 2007, 19:58
Usually have the PC & TV on at the same time when I'm home. Watching the boxing on ITV4 at the moment.

Submeg
21st July 2007, 20:12
dont have the tv facing the same way as the comp so cant watch it at the same time

Puni/Void
22nd July 2007, 10:32
The TV is in the living-room, so I can't watch it here unfortunately. :( I'll post again if I use the laptop later on tonight. ;)

Harrison
23rd July 2007, 15:43
I've got Sky News on at the moment, watching some of the flood devastation!

Puni/Void
23rd July 2007, 15:56
I've seen some footage from the floodings myself. How is the situation around the Southampton area?

Harrison
23rd July 2007, 16:03
The South of England is untouched. We have had a lot of rain, but no flooding, other than a few roads having standing water. It is mainly the central areas of England that are the worst hit.

Puni/Void
23rd July 2007, 18:30
Thanks for the info, Harrison. Hope you guys in the UK will be OK and that you won't be affected by the floodings. Let's cross our fingers and hope that summer finally will come to the UK this year. You've for sure been unlucky with the weather the last months. :( We have had our share of rain as well, but not nearly as much as you. There was some floodings in the Eastern part of the country, but that is fortunately over now.

Stephen Coates
23rd July 2007, 19:30
I've got Sky News on at the moment, watching some of the flood devastation!

I was also watching some of the flooding stuff, but switched the TV off so I could use the computer.

I watched plenty of stuff about the floods earlier on the 1 o'clock news. It gets a bit boring when it is really only the same as what you saw on the tv a couple of weeks ago but in a different place. The only reason I was more interested in the Rotherham/Sheffield floods is because I live there.

I do hope we finally get a proper Summer. Last year was really hot. Although it's not surprising that it would rain so much in the year that I get more time off from school than usual.

Blue Jedi
23rd July 2007, 20:32
I have Sky sports news on whenever i am on the pc or not gaming on my consoles because I am a Manchester City Fan and am waiting to see who Sven signs.

I live in the nothwest on the cost in cleveleys I am only yards away from the sea wall so if the sea rises you wont be hearing from me because I will be in the north sea swimming to america or southampton were harrison is.

Good thing is last year they just finished building a new re-enforced sea wall and it is the most advanced there is.

We have had our share of rain as well.

I am an excellent swimmer and I am a fan of Deadliest catch.

AlexJ
23rd July 2007, 23:14
One thing that always strikes me when the floods hit - sandbags. Are they the most useless form of flood defence in existance? Sand lets the water through! Okay the sandbags may be able to absorb a small amount of water but because it tends to be raining when flooding occurs, they're saturated before the water comes near the house.

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2007, 05:13
Unfortunately I have still no TV at work :lol:

Harrison
24th July 2007, 12:09
You would think with all the spare time you have they would at least provide you with a nice TV so that you could "constructively" waste time. ;)

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2007, 13:29
This morning I watched Battle Royale again at the TV Links page. If you don't know that site, it has a huge amount of Anime, Movies, Series and Documentaries to watch as stream. Otherwise I have a lot of films at work, and also my TV Gaming Collection, which I haven't finished yet. So basically I have also TV at work.

http://tv-links.co.uk/

There's also a big French streaming site which I watch from time to time, they have every episode of Goldorak :thumbs:

Harrison
24th July 2007, 14:51
I've not been to that TV links site before. Very cool. From the couple of clips I watched I take it the site is just a link to other existing video clips online?

I watched the first part of the Blake's 7 episode ORIC and that brought back some great memories. That series is brilliant. You can really see where more recent series such as Farscape got most of its ideas from!

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2007, 16:08
From the couple of clips I watched I take it the site is just a link to other existing video clips online?I don't know, but they are surely not hosting the server themselves. Would be to huge and also illegal.

Harrison
24th July 2007, 16:17
Well it does seem they are just linking as Blake's 7 took me to YouTube and another took me to a divx streaming site. Still a great central resource.

AlexJ
24th July 2007, 17:36
Yeah, they claim what they're doing is OK because they don't host any of the content themselves.

Also has the advantage that as soon as one link goes down, another replaces it fairly quickly.