PDA

View Full Version : Movies Music in Movies

v85rawdeal
19th July 2007, 22:02
We have discussed favourite movies, and favourite quotes in movies, but I was wondering what people's favourite music sequence froma movie was.

Mine is Diva/Lilu montage from Fifth Element. A beautiful piece of music with a fight scene that goes so well with it.

What are other peoples favourites?

Submeg
20th July 2007, 01:32
One of them, Spybreak in the Matrix, that was good

Demon Cleaner
20th July 2007, 05:25
You probably want to kick me, but I like the James Bond title song from Madonna, Die Another Day. Also the main theme in Requiem for a Dream is great.

Puni/Void
20th July 2007, 06:45
I like the main theme from the Terminator, that's a great song. Also love the music in the Lord of the Rings movies.

Demon Cleaner
20th July 2007, 06:50
John Carpenter themes like f.ex. Halloween are also unforgettable.

Harrison
20th July 2007, 12:06
The intro music combined with the amazing graphics at the start of any James Bond film.

But another I love is the scene in XXX with the live performance of Feuer Frei, by Ramstein. That is great and that song fits perfectly with the theme of the movie.

You may kill me for another I'm going to mention now. Many of the music sequences in Moulin Rouge. It is one of my favourite films in terms of artist cinematography, special effects and design, as well as the creative direction within each of the music scenes.

Submeg
20th July 2007, 15:06
I wouldnt say I would kill you....lol

Na I see your point, it does have a lot of shine that movie

Sharingan
20th July 2007, 19:08
I absolutely love movie music. If I were to list all my favourites, I'd still be writing two days from now, so I'll just jot down a few that come to mind.

From the Children of Dune soundtrack, there is track 33: "Farewell". Very relaxing and easy on the ears.

From the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack, I'm especially fond of "The Breaking of the Fellowship". It's one of the closing themes of the first film, and perfectly summarizes what hardships the fellowship has gone through, yet, from certain motifs within the music, one can also derive a sense of hope.

The Phantom Menace soundtrack contains the phenomenal "Duel of the Fates" by John Williams. It's a dark, menacing piece of music that perfectly symbolizes Darth Maul's sinister nature.

That's it for now ... I'll see if I can come up with more personal favourites :)

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2007, 05:51
You may kill me for another I'm going to mention now.Nope, not yet, but you're getting closer from time to time ;)