PDA

View Full Version : PSP file resources

Harrison
19th July 2007, 21:16
For those of you interested in the PSP and getting the most from it, there is only one central download resource you need. it is called download.QJ.net and the PSP section can be found at:

http://dl.qj.net/PSP/catid/106

This is a great download site and it contains pretty much everything you ever need for PSP custom firmwares, emulation, homebrew and more.

The Firmwares (http://dl.qj.net/Firmwares-PSP-/catid/163) section contains the custom firmware installers, plus all of the official Sony firmware releases (which are needed for the custom firmware installers to work).

The Emulators (http://dl.qj.net/Emulators-PSP-/catid/111) section contains pretty much all the useful emulators for the PSP, ranging from Amiga to SNES, Genesis, GBA and lots more systems.

And once you have a custom firmware on your PSP the homebrew sections are worth looking at too. The Homebrew games section contains some nice public domain games to try. I have been playing a few of them on my PSP for a long time.

Submeg
20th July 2007, 02:34
Wow thats pretty crazy :blink:

Demon Cleaner
20th July 2007, 06:22
Yep, that site is really PSP dedicated. Oz used to visit it a lot, but as I already told you, he got the PSP fever, but it was over very quickly, after 3-4 weeks he totally lost interest and it has been a very long time since I saw him with his PSP. Don't want this happening also to me, but perhaps Oz is selling his PSP ;)

Harrison
20th July 2007, 12:38
So... you might end up eating your own words and joining the PSP world after all! ;)

Submeg
20th July 2007, 16:17
I have to say, Im not a big handheld gamer. But in the situation that I was travelling and needed something to do, PSP is the best answer

v85rawdeal
21st July 2007, 16:36
I must admit. I have just added Daedelus R12 to my psp, and I am pleased that the latest versions seem to be working so much better. Now all I need to do is put Pokemon Snap on there, and start getting some screenshops snapped

Harrison
23rd July 2007, 16:26
The mad thing I've been doing is playing lots of GBA games that I've not bothered playing before, and finding some quite good ones that I will continue to play. Mad because I actually own a GBA anyway with a flashcart so could of been playing these games long before, but I think the fiddly nature of the flashcarts compared to just copying GBA roms to a memory stick is a huge difference and means I can be testing different games very quickly. The PSP GBA emulator is very good too and the GBA has a lot of RPGs I've not played or still need to finish, including some Final Fantasy ones. :)

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2007, 06:30
The PSP GBA emulator is very good too and the GBA has a lot of RPGs I've not played or still need to finish, including some Final Fantasy ones.The PSP has some nice RPGs itself.

Harrison
24th July 2007, 13:12
That is true, there are some very nice RPGs on the PSP that compare well in terms of graphics, audio and design with many PS2 RPGs. Then add in the emulation of all the systems and you have a great mobile RPG platform.