PDA

View Full Version : Movies Washed out of the cinema!

Harrison
16th July 2007, 11:00
Literally!

I went to see the new Harry Potter film on Sunday in Chichester.

Just before we got to the cinema there was a huge storm. I've never seen so much rain fall in such a short period of time. It started suddenly and 10 minutes later it ended and was hot and sunny again. The drains couldn't take it and all of the roads were flooded, some must have had over a foot of water.

We got to the cinema (had prebooked) but couldn't get in through the main entrance as the foyer was flooded! So they let us in through the side entrance.

We sat through the adverts and the film started. We had watched about 20 minutes into the film when suddenly an employee walked to the front of the cinema and announced that they were evacuating the cinema due to the flooding! So we all had to leave via the emergency exit and were stood outside wondering what was happening. We walked round to the front of the building where some fire engines were positioned and another employee was announcing with a megaphone that the cinema had been closed and would not be reopening that day, and to show our tickets at a future performance for free admission to another showing.

That is the first time I've been evocuated from a cinema during the film. The film was getting really good by that point too. :( Oh well, will have to try again next weekend.

So we when went into Chichester and some of the shops had water dripping through their ceilings!

Sharingan
16th July 2007, 12:09
Heh. I knew about 4D-theaters that make use of 3D glasses, wind, and sprayings of water (for 'added effect'), but this takes it to a whole new level.

I sure hope the theater is giving the affected people free tickets for the next showing?

Oh, I saw Harry Potter last saturday. I enjoyed it, even though this episode doesn't really move the story forward much at all.

Submeg
16th July 2007, 12:16
Lol, yea it kicks Imax out the water....lol literally!

Stephen Coates
16th July 2007, 13:42
I havn't seen the new Harry Potter film yet. I will probably go and see it next week. Hopefully it won't get flooded when I go.

Harrison
16th July 2007, 13:51
Maybe it's a new "feature" of the film Steve. After all we were evacuated shortly after the scene where they fly down the thames on their broom sticks, so it added some realism to the film! :lol:

Demon Cleaner
16th July 2007, 14:33
Imagine you went on a day to see Deep Impact, and this happened.

Harrison
16th July 2007, 15:43
Or titanic!

Demon Cleaner
16th July 2007, 17:46
Or titanic!Was the cinema on a boat?? ;)

Submeg
16th July 2007, 22:07
:lolup: yea that would suck

v85rawdeal
19th July 2007, 08:56
All this bad weather is just an over-the-top promotional stunt for 'Evan Almighty'... And people thought the promo stunt for 'The Simpsons Movie' was OTT!!!

Harrison
19th July 2007, 11:03
:lol: I think some people in Yorkshire might question such a marketing campaign! ;)

I definitely want to see the Simpsons Movie. That looks really funny. I love the trailer with the ending Homer's Spider Pig song. :)

J T
21st July 2007, 15:27
What did people think of the new Harry Potter film?

I though it was OK as a film, but was not really that memorable, and didn't really feel that the characters were in much danger - I knew they'd win in the end and was just sitting there thinking "enough of the build up already, I'm a bit bored now so let's get to the resolution sharpish"

Also, the whole liberty-erosion by statute leading to a weakened population unable to defend themselves in the face of an oppressive influence-y type bit was a little too heavy handed and ham fisted I thought.

Harrison
23rd July 2007, 15:21
I thought this was the weakest film in the series so far. The biggest problem for me was the lack of anything really unique or original. We didn't really see any magical elements that hadn't already been using in previous films, or anything else that hasn't been present before.

It was still good, but it definitely felt like the prequel to the next film, rather than a film in its own right.

J T
23rd July 2007, 16:10
At least there was no sodding Quidditch, though :whistle:

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2007, 05:26
I haven't seen any HP movie yet, and am also not eager to watch one.

Harrison
24th July 2007, 12:11
They are better than you might imagine. Thinking of them as children's films is probably the worst thing to do. If you enjoy fantasy films then you should enjoy them.

Demon Cleaner
24th July 2007, 13:23
If you enjoy fantasy films then you should enjoy them.Yeah, but fantasy films are often done the way children can also watch them.

Sharingan
24th July 2007, 15:36
The first few Harry Potter films might have been child-friendly, but I very much doubt a kid could watch the last few episodes without getting the crap scared out of them :)

Personally, I don't think the HP movies are childish at all. They're generally a bit light-hearted, yes, but they do also deal with themes such as death, agony and betrayal. The last three films have become much darker in tone, and I expect that trend to continue into the next, and final, two films.