Bruce Willis as John McClane
Timothy Olyphant as Thomas Gabriel
Justin Long as Matt Farrell
Maggie Q as Mai Lihn
Cliff Curtis as Bowman
Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Lucy McClane

Running time: 130 minutes

-

The fourth installment in the popular series, and Bruce Willis proves that he still has it in him to produce an adrenaline-pumpin' action flick. He's a bit older now and not as nimble as he used to be, but makes up for it with a charismatic performance and, of course, a host of witty one-liners.

The storyline may not be the most original, but what does that matter when the action scenes are so seamlessly executed and the pacing is done just about perfectly right? The rest of the cast does an admirable job as well, with Olyphant pulling off a convincing villain, and Justin Long, a relative newcomer, playing the role of a hacker who seriously has no clue what is awaiting him when McClane first comes knocking on his door.

All in all, I really enjoyed this film. 130 minutes of running time might seem long for an action flick, but believe me, time passes really quickly when you're in the thick of the action almost constantly. I would rate Die Hard 4.0 the best summer movie of 2007 so far.

(Score: 80/100)

Harrison
14th July 2007, 14:01
I've been looking forward to this film since it was first mentioned and am really looking forward to seeing it. I will let you know what I think once I've seen it.

Demon Cleaner
15th July 2007, 14:26
Also looking forward for it, I liked the first 3 movies, and as what I've seen so far, this one is pretty action driven.