PDA

View Full Version : What is on your desk?

Harrison
11th July 2007, 16:34
What is currently on your desk as you read this?

Hopefully we can get some strange items listed here. :)

For me my desk is currently quite filled up. I've got a socket wrench, car service manual, Sony PSP, pack of blank DVDs, mobile phone, pile of paperwork, two dice, this month's PC Pro magazine, three keyboards, three mice, lots of game discs, pens and a sticky ball (the type you throw at a wall and they stick).

Sharingan
11th July 2007, 16:54
On my desk is a broken cellphone, a not-broken cellphone, my keyboard, a miniature Gundam robot toy, several Dragon Ball Z action figures, some discarded bank access cards, an empty Coke can, empty game boxes, a Kenny (South Park) doll, several bottles of deodorant, my Sennheiser headphones, some pens and pencils, an empty wallet, a Stormtrooper keychain, an assortment of CDs (some broken in half), a Solid Snake action figure, coins, a dead insect, my MP3 player, used movie theater tickets a screwdriver and a CPU heatsink.

Oh, and quite a lot of dust.

Teho
11th July 2007, 17:07
Right, apart from the keyboard, mouse and monitor of course;

My Draytek router/modem
pile of PC games
some unpaid bills
S-Video to Component adapter
three marker pens, two thin and one thick
a Phillips-2 drillbit
a Phillips-2 screwdriver
my mug o' coffee
a PS/2 to USB adapter
a notepad
a Catweasel mk 4 that I've yet to install. Might set up another system to put it in
quickstart guide for an Advent ADV1070 digital camera
toenail clippings (yep)
key for logging onto my account at my bank
a ballpoint pen

And that's it. There's very little space on my desk even when it's empty.

Demon Cleaner
11th July 2007, 17:14
a Catweasel mk 4 that I've yet to install. Might set up another system to put it inI did the same, I have a Pentium III 450MHz running for this, and the MkIV combined with a combi floppy drive (5¼ & 3½) for C64 and Amiga.

On my desk is too much to list it up here. Sorry :huh2:

AlexJ
11th July 2007, 17:15
Marker Pen, PDA/Phone and cradle, Stanley knife, 32MB Smartmedia card, £1.65 in coins, 2 CDRWs, a screw, USB hub, giant paperclip, biro, spindle of blank DVD's and the cap from a USB pendrive (actual pendrive location: unknown, it's usually the other way around).

Sharingan
11th July 2007, 17:17
Toenail clippings? I thought my desk had a lot of junk on it ;)

Puni/Void
11th July 2007, 21:05
Contrary to you others, I don't have anything extra on the desk. The only stuff are the main PC cabinet, a mouse, keyboard, and a mousemat (with extra support for the wrist). Have a lot of different stuff in the shelves next to the desk though.

Submeg
11th July 2007, 23:07
hmm...
-Japanese text books and dictionary
- 250GB external harddrive
- Pencil case
- Shopping trolley
- Jumper
- Stable table
- Wallet
- CDs
- iPod
- Payslip
- Cue cards
- Bank statement
- An empty pods packet
- Ruler

Harrison
12th July 2007, 09:49
Shopping Trolley? :unsure: Either it's a very large desk or it isn't the type I'm thinking of.

And you have only just moved into your current place PG so give it time ;) Although saying that there is also a lot of other stuff on the shelves above and next to my desk that contain a lot of stuff.

Submeg
12th July 2007, 11:12
No, its a minature one :p

Harrison
12th July 2007, 11:18
Oh, that's OK then! I had this vision of a full sized supermarket shopping trolley sitting on your disk with you trying to use the computer while it loomed over you. :lol:

So it's one of those little ones you can use to put all the junk in that you never really need to have on your desk and that never gets used again.

Stephen Coates
12th July 2007, 12:08
My desk has the following:

17" Monitor
Pioneer HiFi system which doesn't work properly
Stack of postit notes
PIR
Box from Tetris cassette
Some sort of circuit that goes in a BBC - no idea what it is or what it does
An unopened TDK D90
Glasses case
Pen
Pencil
Big headphone jack - little headphone jack adaptor

Submeg
12th July 2007, 13:01
Lol, that would be funny! yea I have a couple, I converted one to be a coin holder. :thumbs:

v85rawdeal
12th July 2007, 15:16
I will let you know when I have found the desk... under all the clutter!!!

J T
21st July 2007, 16:07
A lot of paper work that needs filing :(

2 mobiles (one with broken screen - had it in my back pocket when my wife hit me on the ass with metal spoon for mocking her loud talking , one mostly works but is quite beaten up).

Empty glass

Books on photography

Loads of post-its

A shitty HP print-scanner

precision screw driver set

Tons on audio CDs to be ripped.

2 cake boxes of blank DVDs and CDs

A load of CD-Rs of old backups in a pile, with an old bir as the spindle

A pot of pens.

Sellotape

Cuddly toy

Modem

Router

External HDD

A Zen micro

A lamp

The base-unit for our cordless telephone.

An LCS screen cleaner that is very small and almost useless.

TiredOfLife
21st July 2007, 17:59
Two empty glasses.
Silver foil of a cake.
Kitkat wrapper.
Digital watch
A cheque (ripped up)
Money bags for the Natwest
A pen
A screw for keeping an Amiga motherboard in place.
A floppy drive lock.
A receipt for batteries from Liddel
A bit of paper with phone numbers for skip hire.
An empty Earex bottle.
A telly.
A Cartman on top of the telly.

toomanymikes
17th August 2007, 12:22
A pile of paperwork
A pile of drawings
folders
various manufacturers brochures
some architecture today, building design, architectural reviews and the architects journal mags
an in tray that has my sandwich and napkins in... and a loo roll...:hmmm:
a few cds
business cards
pc inc monitor, keyboard and mouse
phone
empty cup
office tidy filled with crap and cufflinks
a collection of marker pens
stapler
paper punch
60gb external hard drive filled with music
photos of my family
map of france
sticky pad

As you can tell i cant actually see my desk...

Tiago
17th August 2007, 13:37
Lets see, write now i am at work. I work in a Portuguess bank.
My desk has:
1 Hp computer
1 office phone
1 mobile phone
my sun glasses
1 extra mouse (had to change this one)
+/- 200 papers A4
headphones
3 pencils

Harrison
17th August 2007, 15:14
Finally someone with a tidy sounding desk! How do you get away with using the internet while working in a bank? :unsure:

Tiago
17th August 2007, 15:20
Finally someone with a tidy sounding desk! How do you get away with using the internet while working in a bank? :unsure:

I am working in a bank but not in a branch, dealing with customers. I work in central services, a building full of programers. i can do allmust everything i want as long as i keep doing my job.

Demon Cleaner
17th August 2007, 15:36
i can do allmust everything i want as long as i keep doing my job.Sounds very familiar :hmmm:

Harrison
17th August 2007, 15:45
It is starting to sound more and more like I need to get myself one of these jobs working with an IBM mainframe! Ability to do whatever you like and getting paid for it. Dream job!

Stephen Coates
17th August 2007, 17:38

My A500 desk is very tidy. Currrently, other than the A500+/monitor etc, it only has two disks. Although it is a little untidy underneath.

Submeg
19th August 2007, 23:21
Yes, thats where you put the bodie.....uh....nevermind...:unsure: :shhh:

StuKeith
20th August 2007, 13:03
Empty cup of tea, empty plate, pile of printed off pictures, a duster, tea towl, stapler, polish. Bisto gravy pot of pens RAC form, parking ticket and tubs of cds to sort, as well as an helmet visor and joystick.

FOL
20th August 2007, 17:27
Full cup of coffee (thanks to the wife), 3 PSP's (2 are my kids), Phone, 20 year old Hifi (Given to me as a kid, awesome sound and still working A1, plus its great for listening to all the Amiga MODS, i have, ;)), Router, Cable modem, wireless headphones, MiniDisc Recorder (MiniDisc rules, ;)), Multi USB card reader, 2 x 100Watt Speaker's, 12 Button Joypad and LCD Monitor.

So from that, I have everything I need. Like Harrison I tend to leave my forum in the background, while working on PHP, PSPUAE and while listening to Amiga MOD's, Sad I know, ;).