PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars

Puni/Void
9th July 2007, 05:59
Have been playing a bit of Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars lately, and so far the game has delivered. Have finished the GDI campaign, and I'm now working to complete the one about NOD. The storyline is quite cool, and the video sequences (which are back again, as there were none in Generals) in between are of high-quality. The game was easy to get into as well, and it didn't take long before I've learned the most basic stuff. Have also tried the game out Online, which was a nice experience. Seems like EA has put some extra effort into improving the multiplayer mode as we knew it from Generals. There is still some bad stuff here and there, but overall things work fine Online. Managed to win a few games as well, so let's hope that will continue. ;)

Anyway, does anyone else here play Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars? If yes, how do you like the game?

PS: If you are interested in taking a game Online, please PM me and we can work something out. :)

Harrison
9th July 2007, 09:05
I've not got around to trying this game out yet. I've heard from a few people that it is good so I will definitely be giving it a go soon.

Is the online gameplay only available though the EA servers? or can you setup games independently?

Sharingan
9th July 2007, 09:21
This is the latest C&C release? I would like to try it out, but I'm hoping my ancient rig will be able to run it decently (P4 2.66, nVidia 6800, 2 GB PC3200).

I've never been much of an online competitor when it comes to RTS games - I just don't have the 'RTS skill', so to speak.

AlexJ
9th July 2007, 09:40
Yeah it's quite good. I found the main game a bit short and easy but they seem to be putting more emphasis on the online aspect (which tbh I find lazy).

Also I'd have liked to have seen Westwood carry on with the series because they had a timeline mapped out that would have seen the Tiberium and Red Alert worlds cross which would have been very cool. EA plan to keep them seperate.

Sharingan
9th July 2007, 09:47
Hmm ... it's pretty disappointing if they kept the single-player campaign short. Strange as it sounds, I play RTS games for the storyline :)

Blizzard did an excellent job, story-wise, in the single-player campaign of Warcraft III, for example. Not so long that the game started to drag on, but right on the mark.

Harrison
9th July 2007, 11:24
Warcraft III did have a great single player campaign that is for sure. I also like to play the single player RTS campaigns for the story. Another that I thought was good was The Battle for Middle Earth II.

Demon Cleaner
9th July 2007, 13:19
I've seen World at Conflict, and it has too be the most beautiful RTS I've seen so far. It's not released yet though.

Harrison
9th July 2007, 13:25
What platform is that going to be released for?

Demon Cleaner
9th July 2007, 15:44
PC, but have a look at the screenshots. I saw them playing at GIGA Games, and I just sat there and thought WOW. There's also a trailer on the website.

World At Conflict (http://www.worldinconflict.com/index.html)

Harrison
9th July 2007, 16:05
I will have to have a look through my issues of PC Gamer to see if they have covered it yet in their preview section. I would have thought they have.

Wow! That does look really good good from the screenshots. Some amazing explosions with lively reds and yellows. :)

Lets just hope it isn't a DX10 only game!

Submeg
9th July 2007, 21:49
Lets just hope it isn't a DX10 only game!

AH! You just jinxed it :dry:

Puni/Void
10th July 2007, 06:01
Alex wrote:

Yeah it's quite good. I found the main game a bit short and easy but they seem to be putting more emphasis on the online aspect (which tbh I find lazy).

Also I'd have liked to have seen Westwood carry on with the series because they had a timeline mapped out that would have seen the Tiberium and Red Alert worlds cross which would have been very cool. EA plan to keep them seperate.

I personally didn't find the main game too short or too easy. There's a lot of challenge in some of the later missions, and if you try them on hard mode, I'm sure they will be tough to complete. As for the main game being too short, I found that there are plenty of missions for both the GDI and NOD. Do also remember if you manage to complete these two campaigns, the Scrin campaign will be unlocked. Then you actually have three campaigns.

On the other hand, if you, like Sharingan, compare the main game (campaigning) to Warcraft 3, it is much shorter. I remember when I first got Warcraft 3, and later the expansion called Frozen Throne, the single player mode lasted for a long, long time. There were long campaigns with different factions, and quite a few surprises along the way. The way you controlled certain heroes through the missions was also excellent, something I miss a bit in other RTS games. So, if one compares the main campaigns of Warcraft 3 and Tiberium Wars, I think the Warcraft one is better.

Just have to add that the Online mode in Warcraft 3 was excellent. Never had any problems with connections or anything like that, which was horrible in Generals for example.

Blue Jedi
29th July 2007, 09:16
I think Command and Conquer Teribium wars is awsome the mutiplayer demo on xbox live is great. It makes great use of the xbox live vison cam alowing you to see your opponent as you play and chat. I was playing this bald guy and I won and then it whent to the screen were it gives the two of you to talk about the match and gave me the thumbs up and then he left.