PDA

View Full Version : Similar logos between Melon and Delon?

Harrison
6th July 2007, 16:14
The recently added demo "The Final Condom (http://www.classicamiga.com/index.php?option=com_jreviews&task=list&simplesearch=The+Final+Condom&order=alpha&Itemid=102)" by Delon seems to have a near identical logo to the French group Melon Design's logo. Is there any connection between the two groups? Or another known reason?

Also I noticed there only seems to be one production on the site from Melon Design. They produced quite a few good productions and it would be great to see some of them on the site. Or have we just not got to them yet? I might add some if I have time next week.

I was a big fan of Melon Design after the Amiga from the late 90's as they really got behind Macromedia Flash and created some great Flash content and they have continued to this day. Have a look at their current site http://www.melondezign.com/ if interested as it is very clean and very nicely designed.

Puni/Void
6th July 2007, 18:11
I can understand that things are bit confusing when comparing Delon and Melon Design. Anyway, those are two completely different groups. Delon was, if I'm not mistaken, an old Hungarian group. The members of the group used fake handles when producing stuff for Delon, but I'm not sure who they really were. If I found out, I'll post it here. :)

I've never been the biggest fan of Melon Design demos, but I do appreciate their style and their productions. I'll start adding some prods from them as soon as possible. If you have any requests, please let me know, and I'll upload them for you.

Puni/Void
6th July 2007, 21:24
Have added a few demos from Melon now. Among them the famous Human Target. ;) Enjoy guys!

Rebb/TRSI
6th July 2007, 22:19
One of my favourites:
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=3539

Harrison
6th July 2007, 22:29
How to Skin a Cat is a great one. :)

And cheers PG :thumbs: I will have a look. With Melon it is also their design style that I like the most, not necessarily the actual production content all of the time.

Harrison
7th July 2007, 00:58
I just changed Human Traffic from ECS to OCS as I discovered it wouldn't run with ECS settings, but worked perfectly with OCS basic A500 KS1.3.

Also I cannot get Bomb to run properly and from the screenshots I'm guessing you had the same problems. When I run it with a standard OCS A500 setup it loads the music, shows the Bomb logo and then the bouncing ball credits, but when you click the left mouse button a badly corrupted B/W star shape zooms on the screen and the Amiga crashes.

I tried changing it to different hardware settings. It showed the star correctly with the Melon logo inside with ECS settings and 1MB of chip ram but still crashed after that point and I've not managed to get it to run any further. Any ideas?

Teho
7th July 2007, 07:53
I had a look at Bomb and have the same problems. Also tried a different image, there was no change so the image is probably fine. Will have to experiment with the settings a bit on this one. I did add Crystal to the credits, as it is a Melon Dezign / Crystal co-production, and added that the Bitmap Brothers game in question is Magic Pockets.

Puni/Void
7th July 2007, 14:49
I think the Bomb production is supposed to look like it does. If you take a look at the filesize, it is clearly not a big production, especially considering all the samples they've used in the module. I could be wrong though, so if anyone figures it out, it would be great. My guess is that it is quite a small production. On Poet.net, someone characterized the prod as an intro.

Thanks for adding info to the productions guys. :thumbs:

Will probably upload a few more Melon prods tonight. :)

Harrison
7th July 2007, 16:05
You could be right. Maybe the star zooming out is the end of the intro and was designed to then go into whatever it was introducing. Although I thought that maybe something else should happen after this from the way it crashed.

Rebb/TRSI
7th July 2007, 19:37
It is supposed to reset after the star part. Works perfectly on Amiga 500 with 0.5MB fast.

Rebb/TRSI
7th July 2007, 22:24
Just tested it on real thing :)

Puni/Void
8th July 2007, 18:04
:thumbs:That's the spirit, Rebb! :)