PDA

View Full Version : TV Lost

Harrison
29th December 2006, 20:57
Who watches Lost? And have you been following the third series?

I watched most of the first series, but got bored during the second and stopped watching. I then caught up with the Sky rundown of what had happened so far leading up to the third series and so started watching the third series.

I have so far found it to be better than the previous two, although some of the episodes have been quite boring. I just find many of the storylines drag on for much too long and many of the ideas never really amount to too much. It needs more happening with each episode following more storylines, chopping and changing between different groups of people and their perspective of situations on the Island/s.

What are your thoughts on the series?

J T
29th December 2006, 21:20
Who watches Lost? And have you been following the third series?

I watched most of the first series, but got bored during the second and stopped watching. I then caught up with the Sky rundown of what had happened so far leading up to the third series and so started watching the third series.

I did almost exactly the same thing. My wife watched all of the 2nd series so after I got bored after the first few eps I occasionally asked her what was going on and just watched bits and pieces and the last few episodes where it picked up.

The new series is better, but I'm getting a tad fed up with the whole "uh oh, not sure where this is going and the audience is getting a tad restless so let's just bung in SOMETHING COMPLETELY RANDOM AND UNRELATED to divert their attention away from the glaring contradictions and *OH SHIT LOOK!* A MONSTER!"

And what is with the break? Did the test/preview audience not like what they saw, prompting a reshoot? Bloody annoying though coming out of nowhere. Just as we were really getting into it the Sky announcer reaches through the screen and slaps us in the face with a wet haddock and says "just as you were getting into that, none for you until sometime next year sucker." Cheers. Maybe you'd like to piss in my bottle of milk too, huh?

Plus points though for some of the unexpected sudden character killing. Nice touch.

AlexJ
29th December 2006, 21:35
Breaks in the middle of seasons are quite common in US series. Normally it takes a while for the series to come to the UK so they can show it all in one go. However Sky have shown Lost very soon after it was shown in the US therefore they also have to have the break.

Harrison
29th December 2006, 21:35
The unexpected character killing was a nice touch indeed.

I think the break on Sky is due to Sky running out of episodes and needing to take a break while the US catch up. I seem to remember reading we were getting many of the episodes before much of the US.

rayzorblue
1st January 2007, 18:02
? it was shown originally on abc in america then it was shown on sky it starts on abc again in feb dunno if it starts at the same time on sky or not, i dont care i jus d/load it from the net cause i dont have sky.

If you want a taste of whats to come check this out. Its lost moments from ad breaks in the series daybreak on abc, they are small previews of the next part of the 3rd series. click click click click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6K5Ti3NTc0) this is only the first of about seven or eight.

Puni/Void
25th November 2014, 18:58
We've been watching the first two seasons of Lost. Although interesting, sometimes one gets a bit "lost" while watching.. hehe.. We are going to embark upon the third season soon I believe.

Demon Cleaner
25th November 2014, 19:23
Never liked it, although, I also never even bothered to watch it.

Harrison
26th November 2014, 02:21
@PG. It is worth sticking with because it does become really good right towards the end and goes into a lot of flashbacks showing what the characters were all doing before they ended up "Lost"... although that is a twist in itself (no spoilers). You are still kind of a bit lost even at the end though with unanswered questions, but worth it to some extent. Plus you always have Evangeline Lilly! ;)

But if you find Lost interesting I would highly recommend you look up Revolution and watch the first 2 series that have so far aired (third series due in the new year). Revolution is from the same creators as Lost, but is much better.. based on a Post apocalyptic world after electricity suddenly stopped working on a global scale. My favourite series at the moment.. next to The Walking Dead!

Demon Cleaner
26th November 2014, 13:01
I have so many series, so I have to set priorities. I thought Revolution didn't get the best reviews? Are you sure there will be a 3rd season, I thought they stopped it. Tracy Spiridakos is quite hot though.

I also started to watch The 100, watched 5 episodes, but that's now already some months ago, girlfriend is not too exited to watch further.

Harrison
26th November 2014, 23:14
Damn, you are right.. I just looked it up and Revolution was cancelled by NBC for a third season in May this year. Fans are currently petitioning for it to move to a new network to continue.. something which worked for Stargate SG1 a few years ago and saved that for quite a few series more.

Revolution is still worth watching even if the don't make any more because the main story arc was completed at the second season mid-season break and it was good.

But the best series on TV has to be The Game of Thrones. Tell me you have all been watching that? It is amazing.

I quite enjoyed The 100. Initially only watching it for the sad reason that I always fancied the main actress when she was in the Australian series Neighbours, but it turned out OK and got much better towards the end of the first series.

I've just started watching The Flash, Gotham, and Forever. All good in different ways.

I highly recommend the First series of Fargo. It was brilliant and well worth downloading. Billy Bob Thornton played an amazingly sadistic character.

Other series I recommend which are on at the moment include:

The Walking Dead (best series on TV)
Banshee (one of the most violent series on TV and good too!)
The Strain (If you like horror you will love this twist on Vampires, as in they are not).
Sleepy Hollow
Bates Motel (another great show)
The Black List (James Spader is brilliant in this)
Ray Donovan (brilliant show)
The Last Ship
Helix (cancelled in the UK on Channel 5 after episode 5, so I downloaded as they aired in the US and it was worth it, and a second series is being made)
Falling Skies
Penny Dreadful
The Americans
Blue Bloods
Saving Hope
The Big Bang Theory (one of the best shows on TV ever).

One series I've never seen which people keep raving about is Homeland. Anyone watch it? Worth me watching?

Demon Cleaner
27th November 2014, 11:17
I highly recommend the First series of Fargo. It was brilliant and well worth downloading. Billy Bob Thornton played an amazingly sadistic character.

Other series I recommend which are on at the moment include:

The Walking Dead (best series on TV)
Banshee (one of the most violent series on TV and good too!)
The Strain (If you like horror you will love this twist on Vampires, as in they are not).
Sleepy Hollow
Bates Motel (another great show)
The Black List (James Spader is brilliant in this)
Ray Donovan (brilliant show)
The Last Ship
Helix (cancelled in the UK on Channel 5 after episode 5, so I downloaded as they aired in the US and it was worth it, and a second series is being made)
Falling Skies
Penny Dreadful
The Americans
Blue Bloods
Saving Hope
The Big Bang Theory (one of the best shows on TV ever).

One series I've never seen which people keep raving about is Homeland. Anyone watch it? Worth me watching?

Of these, I have Fargo, The Walking Dead, The Strain, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, Bates Motel, The Black List, Ray Donovan, Helix, Falling Skies, The Americans, and of course the Big Bang Theory.

Didn't know about Banshee, have to check that out.

Penny Dreadful didn't appeal to me yet, I still have f.ex. American Horror Story.

I mainly downloaded Blue Bloods for my mom.

Other series you should definitely watch are:

- Person of Interest (created by Jonathan Nolan), True Detective (starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson), The Killing (based upon the Danish television series Forbrydelsen), Hannibal (quite brutal too, but really good), Hawaii Five-0 (good action series), Chicago PD, Salem, The Following (with Kevin Bacon), Under the Dome.

We (me and gf) really also enjoy Homeland, but it's not a series where you watch several episodes straight, one per evening perhaps. We watched 2 seasons so far, and I quite enjoy it, although it's not the action/explosion/shooting kind of, but more one to think and talk about, in a good sense. Highly recommended.

Harrison
27th November 2014, 15:18
I've watched all of Under the Dome. Interesting series but the acting can be a bit rubbish.

I couldn't get into True Detectives, Hannibal or Hawaii Five-0. I tried each for a few episodes but just didn't do anything for me.

Demon Cleaner
27th November 2014, 17:33
Under the Dome is also sometimes annoying me, strange decision taking galore, sometimes I just don't get it. Have still to watch the last episode of the 2nd season.

True Detective we only watched one episode so far, was good, but have to watch a bit further.

Hannibal we finished the first season, and we both liked it, gets better with later episodes.

My gf also like Burn Notice a lot, me too, and we already finished all 7 seasons. Bruce Campbell is ace :)

Harrison
28th November 2014, 02:04
I watched the first few series of Burn Notice but that woman really annoys me.

Demon Cleaner
28th November 2014, 11:45
I watched the first few series of Burn Notice but that woman really annoys me.
That's exactly what we thought, and it gets straight away better with the 2nd season, I guess the directors and producers noticed that too, or got bad feedback. She was really annoying, and my gf felt the same, sometimes unbearable, but I think it was so dominant, that they had to change her character, otherwise they could have canceled the series. Don't get me wrong, she still plays the same character, and a bit of it is still left, but I would say it's down to 20%, which makes a huge difference.

Harrison
28th November 2014, 14:13
I watched until the end of series 3, then gave up, so I did give it a good chance. my mum still watches it though.