PDA

View Full Version : POTM July 2007

Harrison
3rd July 2007, 12:47
The July 2007 Poster of the Month competition is under way.

Don't forget to vote on all of the nominated posts so we can announce the winner quickly at the end of the month.

When submitting a post for POTM make sure the correct Poster of the Month Category is selected when you submit your post. This month's will be "POTM June 2007". Also please add a little comment with your submission to explain why you think the post should be nominated.

Make sure you also read the pinned thread outlining the complete POTM rules and how to nominate a post if you haven't taken part before.

As always, if a clear winner is made through voting then that member will automatically be awarded, otherwise a deciding poll will be held to decide the final winner.

Good luck to everyone, I look forward to reading the nominations.

Demon Cleaner
2nd August 2007, 14:43
Now is the time to vote.

@Harrison
I saw that JT already submitted a post of v85rawdeal, which is from the 2nd of august, the POTM category for august isn't added yet. You should add it, and move the last post into it.

J T
2nd August 2007, 14:46
August already? Sheesh, time sure does fly by.......

Harrison
2nd August 2007, 15:01
It caught me by surprise, I can tell you. There I was happily getting used to it being 2007 and suddenly it's already August! How the hell did that happen! :blink:

TiredOfLife
2nd August 2007, 22:59
It's called inflation.
Means your 12 months doesn't last as long as it used to.

AlexJ
2nd August 2007, 23:49
August already? And still our summer hasn't turned up.

Harrison
3rd August 2007, 00:56
That's cause Spain has stolen it! Not content with our fish they now start moving the air stream so they get all our hot weather too!

Oh well, at least I don't need to water the garden!

Harrison
21st August 2007, 17:13
Sorry guys. I completely forgot to sort out the Poster of the Month award at the end of July! Oops!

I've now added the proper August POST category and moved all nominations made this month so far into it, so they are now in the correct place.

But we now have a tie for the July POTM award. If any of you still haven't voted on the July nominations can you please have a look and cast your votes. I will leave it until Friday and then will see if the voting has changed the final result. I will then announce a winner and award them with their prize. I will also leave their POTM award active on their account until the end of September, otherwise they will only have a week to enjoy it...

Harrison
26th August 2007, 15:41
OK, we did get a couple more votes, but it still left two posts tied. I've decided therefore to pick the winner myself based on which of the two I think was the better post.

So the winner of the July Poster of the Month Competition is...

v85rawdeal, with his thread "New Technology from Apple". (http://forum.classicamiga.com/showthread.php?p=8137#post8137)

And this actually means that he is the POTM for the second month in a row, so that makes it nice and simple. :)

FOL
26th August 2007, 15:46
I wasnt sure how to vote, i went to vote and page looked all messed up, could have been my works computer, so i didnt bother, :(.

Harrison
26th August 2007, 15:50
Were you using IE? The version of the quote mod I'm using for the poster of the month nominations doesn't like IE too much. There is a newer version of the mod now available so I will upgrade it today and see if that helps.

When the page does load correctly you will see the nominated posts and a row of stars under each to click on to vote for each.