PDA

View Full Version : Danish Amiga Magazines

AlexJ
2nd July 2007, 23:32
Nope, I don't speak Danish but as someone has gone to the trouble of scanning every issue of two Commodore/Amiga publications, I thought I'd share the links.

RUN - Dansk Commodore Magasin 1984-1988

http://www.mipeha.dk/?page_id=12

COMputer (Det Ny COMputer) 1985-1994

http://www.mipeha.dk/?page_id=13

Demon Cleaner
2nd July 2007, 23:59
Great links, but no danish here too :(

Puni/Void
3rd July 2007, 06:01
I can read Danish, so just give me a shout if you need something translated. Teho can help as well. Norwegian and Danish are very similar in writing.

Teho
3rd July 2007, 14:52
I had a quick look at them, the scans seem pretty good. Should perhaps download the lot in order to preserve them, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. Only able to open one page at a time. Will have to take a closer look to see if there's a way to get the whole bunch in one go.

AlexJ
3rd July 2007, 15:26
I had a quick look at them, the scans seem pretty good. Should perhaps download the lot in order to preserve them, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. Only able to open one page at a time. Will have to take a closer look to see if there's a way to get the whole bunch in one go.

They're numbered sequentially so NetTransport2 can be set to batch dld them.

Harrison
3rd July 2007, 15:36
I've not tried Net Transport 2. How good is it? And how does it compare to FlashGet? Is it free or commercial?

AlexJ
3rd July 2007, 17:43
Commercial but seemingly unrestricted apart from a nag screen (there's probably a crack for it somewhere).

I haven't used FG for a few versions, but from what I recall of it NT is not as professional looking or as slick as FlashGet but at the time had the batch download function which wasn't in FG (or didn't work as well, or something).

It's one of those programmes that works so I haven't bothered looking at alternatives.

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 18:03
The latest version of FG can now also be updated via internet, no need to d/l the newest version every time. I has a slight different look now, and you can also use it for torrents, not tested by me yet, as I use uTorrent.