PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Wii Edition

v85rawdeal
30th June 2007, 13:33
Just got my hands on Resi 4 Wii.

For a game that is only rated a 15, having played this it does begin to make me wonder exactly what it was in MH2 that resulted in it getting banned.

In just the first two hours of gaming I had managed to slit throats, kick heads off, destroy heads at point blank range with .233 rifle and a shotgun. All of which has been very graphic with blood everywhere. I have been bitten, strangled, had axes buried into my skull, stabbed and most recently, had my head removed by a chainsaw. Again all of this was very visual and very gory.

All I can say is, this game has been worth getting a Wii for.

It plays very well, and the control system is very intuitive, the nunchuck respresenting head movement and the wii-mote actings as the hands. The aural experience is excellent, with the music changing as things get tense, and the fx of the local inhabitants do help to send shivers down your spine.

I do recommend this game, but I cannot understand how it made it a 15 certificate.

Let me know your comments, guys

AlexJ
30th June 2007, 13:42
The key thing (I think) in getting a 15 as opposed to an 18 is that Resi features Zombies as opposed to humans. Therefore it's claimed this makes it clearly fantasy as opposed to the more realistic killing of other humans.

v85rawdeal
30th June 2007, 15:11
Maybe... but they don't look that much like zombies, in any way shape or form.

No hanging flesh, no half-eaten corpses... Even the chickens dont look like zombies (Mind you, they don't even run around after you blow their heads off!!! The chickens, that is...)

Its still a great game (especially for chicken haters out there)

Harrison
2nd July 2007, 12:18
They are not zombies in RE4 though, but locals infected with a mind controlling parasite known as Las Plagas, invented by the Los Illuminados cult.

I also don't know why it has only been given a 15. I've played through both the PS2 and Gamecube versions of RE4 and it is definitely worth an 18.

J T
2nd July 2007, 17:03
I think I may trade in Red Steel (bored with it, never really got into it) and possibly Need for Speed Carbon (unopened) for this - depending on how much I get for them, obv, may even get another game.

Sounds really good, and has been talked about quite positively on other forums.

But.....Is there plenty of ammo and stuff? The only other Resi game I've played properly was Code Veronica X on the PS2 and it was ****ing shit.

Harrison
2nd July 2007, 17:05
Code Veronica on the DC was a great game, but is was very hard which did put a lot of people off.

There is definitely more ammo in RE4 than there was in CV and you get the chance to use other items to cut throats etc...

StuKeith
1st August 2007, 12:07
Great Game! its also the 1st game ive reviewed on the site as well! I thought it was an 18? maybe have to change the rating then. the case I got the screen shot from shows 18 on the front I think!

:unsure:

Love the game, although my controls keep monging out and I have to unplug the nunchuck and plug it back in. I have died a few times 'cause of this! :mad:

Edit: yea check the cover
http://www.my-wii.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=75

AlexJ
1st August 2007, 22:04
Edit: yea check the cover
http://www.my-wii.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=75

That's an advisory 18 (PEGI I think the system is called). It's rated 15 by the BBFC which is the legally binding rating.

StuKeith
11th August 2007, 18:43
Ive just finished the 1st play though! completed it in 29hrs 15m and 57secs ;)

75% kill ratio and died 125 times lol

class game, now on the bonus parts.

Demon Cleaner
13th August 2007, 12:57
IIvil :)

Harrison
13th August 2007, 13:51
I've still not played through RE4 properly yet. I had a half hearted attempt when it came out on the PS2 and really enjoyed it, but didn't bother exploring much off the main story and didn't complete the game. I will have to play it again from the start.

But first I have some other games I want to complete first.

J T
20th November 2007, 17:17
I finally got round to finishing this at the weekend (around 23 hours, but I saved over 100 times - I played it very cautiously). Also a 75% hit ratio and died around 55 times I think.

Tons of fun, very good game. I enjoyed the setting and the corny story a lot, plus exploding heads was a lot of fun. I'm tempted to go through the main story again but do it quicker this time (I took a lot of breaks while I was playing other games, and doing things other than gaming over the couple of months I've had the game), maybe with my improved weapons so I can kick more ass.

This was way better than Code Veronica for me. The wii control for the shooting added quite a lot, and fortunately there was little in the way of inappropriate motion control shoe-horned in.

------
I still haven't traded in Red Steel or NFS Carbon (which is even still sealed). Probably worth next to nothing now.... ooops.

Red Steel is pants, and looks terrrible.