PDA

View Full Version : Argentina based Antique Computer Expo

Harrison
28th June 2007, 23:20
Don't ask me how I found this site as I'm not quite sure myself, but it contains a series of interesting photographs taken from a 2006 Exhibition of Antique Computers, and among them are various Commodore machines included an A500, C64C, C128 and Plus4.

http://www.museotec.com.ar/Expo/alb2006.htm

Demon Cleaner
29th June 2007, 05:17
Cry for me Argentina... Some nice pictures, but that's the usual thing you see on an expo, otherwise it won't be one :)

meseta
27th July 2008, 04:08
Harrison:
A few days ago we found yours friendly comments about our expo in 2006 and we like to thank you. Our museum is now in progress and we had over 20 people that work on it. Our dream is open the museum to the public in a short period of time, and we think that be the first in Trelew (Chubut), Patagonia Argentina.
Best regards. :coffee:

Demon Cleaner
28th July 2008, 14:58
Do you plan to include an english version of the site? Would be nice.

Buleste
28th July 2008, 15:02
Harrison:
A few days ago we found yours friendly comments about our expo in 2006 and we like to thank you. Our museum is now in progress and we had over 20 people that work on it. Our dream is open the museum to the public in a short period of time, and we think that be the first in Trelew (Chubut), Patagonia Argentina.
Best regards. :coffee:

Good Luck with the museum. It's really nice to see the Texas Instrument computers again and some of the MSX's.

Harrison
29th July 2008, 00:41
Hi meseta (http://forum.classicamiga.com/member.php?u=339)

It is great to know that you are continuing this on further into a full museum.

When you have it p and running would you be able to share some photographs of the museum with us? I could then create an article on the main classicamiga.com website to show your museum and advertise it for you.

meseta
24th August 2008, 17:04
Hi Demon Cleaner, Buleste y Harrison: thank you for reply. Here is
our answers and clarifications: we had not thought of doing a version of the site in English at the moment, but the wording of translations for the photos.
In the future, with more time, we will take into account the concerns of Demon Cleaner, because among the group members are people with good command of English.

Buleste: thank you for your good wishes. For us it was also very nice find the Texas computer in the tank of a school, within their boxes, connected to the mains and make them operate as if they were new.

Harrison: we accept and appreciate your proposal, and we'll send our material and equipment that were manufactured in Argentina. In November 2008 we will go as guests to Puerto Madryn, at the National Science Fair School, with a retrospective and interactive computer shows. Our strong at the moment are the computers, but we are also collecting, in order to display on our site, stories of technology and the techniques used in the Valley area of Lower Rio Chubut, where there is a strong Welsh influence. Among this collection is that of the Crookes's hydraulic turbine and the history behind it, the norias of Dolavon and irrigation canals and railways that installed the Welsh settlers in the late nineteenth century in Chubut.

See you soon.