PDA

View Full Version : Old mouse brands?

Agram
28th June 2007, 21:59
Been trying to remember two mouse brands that used to well regarded back in the early nineties, available for the Amiga.

One I'm fairly sure of began with Nash..., as I seem to remember it reminded me of Xenon 2 Super Nashwan powerup. I'm fairly sure the letter N was in lower case, but font size increased.

Second mouse was an optical mouse, that had Wave as part of the company name. I also saw it available for the PC after the Amiga left the mainstream market.

Demon Cleaner
29th June 2007, 06:24
There are also mice from AlfaData, have to give mine a look, don't know what brand it is.

Agram
29th June 2007, 22:53
Found out one of the brands. Naksha.

I brought one that included Operation Stealth. The mouse didn't last very long though, from memory.

Submeg
30th June 2007, 03:47
Why is it you are looking for them??

J T
2nd July 2007, 18:09
When my original angular A500 mouse started to play up I bought a generic one from a Virgin Megastore. I really didn't know all that much about that sort of thing at the time and reasoned that a mouse was a mouse, and for amout I used it on the Amiga it was good enough.

Teho
2nd July 2007, 18:25
Only non-original Amiga mouse I have is one called Axelen. Came with an A500 I got hold of ages ago. Never heard of the label before or since.

AlexJ
2nd July 2007, 18:37
I had two Commodore originals, an Alfa-Data, an unbranded thing that I got from a magazine promotion and two Logic 3's. I'm not quite sure how I managed to get through 6 mice in about 6 years, but seem to recall the 'left-click' button failing on a few of them.

Harrison
3rd July 2007, 01:26
I don't think any of my Amiga mice ever broke and they all still work. I have quite a few of the original angular A500 mice which are still as uncomfortable to use as ever. I also still have the original A4000 mouse which was quite nice, and also a few others that I forget the make or model of without going and looking. The third party one I use with the A4000 is nice with microswitched buttons. I will see what make it is when I use the system next.