PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever accidently broken something whilst gaming?

Harrison
22nd June 2007, 15:40
Have you ever accidentally broken something whilst gaming?

The worst for me has to be breaking two chairs whilst playing a two player game on the Amiga many years ago with a friend, I think the game was Double Dragon 2.

We were trying to complete the game and in our frantic joystick frenzy we failed to notice how loose the joints were in the two antique chairs we were using. During the gameplay I suddenly disappeared through the seat, ending up on the floor with my legs sticking up through the chair. :blink:

My friend laughed so much that his chair followed and the back flew off, leaving him on the floor too. :D:lol: My parents ran up the stairs to find us both in a mess of chair parts on the floor. That was funny.

Submeg
22nd June 2007, 22:42
Hmm, can't say I've broken anything....but the black blinking screen of death used to make me want to throw my keyboard through the screen.....

J T
3rd July 2007, 16:48
I know a man that hit his ZX Spectrum with a folding metal chair, WWF style.

And then covered the crack in sellotape :nugget:

I've knocked over a beer playing Wii. Probably done something other things too, but nothing that sticks out.

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 16:52
Cant' remember now, but the story with the 2 chairs is indeed very funny :lol:

Harrison
3rd July 2007, 17:00
...And then covered the crack in sellotape :nugget:

His name wouldn't have been Steve by any chance? ;)

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 17:17
Oh yeah, the old sellotape story :dry:

Stephen Coates
3rd July 2007, 20:05

I thought someone would have said that after I read JT's post.

I havn't actually used much sellotape recently. Nor have a broke any ribbon cables.

J T
4th July 2007, 10:16

BWAHAHAHA :lol:

but no, seriously. It wasn't Steve.

v85rawdeal
5th July 2007, 17:27
I nearly broke my ex-gf's toe whilst we were playing Pop Idol...

I had hooked up a dance mat to it and was jumping around like a loon...

She was not happy with me...

Demon Cleaner
5th July 2007, 18:16
I had hooked up a dance mat to it and was jumping around like a loon...:lol: sounds too funny.

Submeg
6th July 2007, 14:50
I wasn't gaming, but I was dancing (sort of related to the above post) and I was spinning around on my back (known as a windmill in breakdancing circles)...hit my shin on a chest of drawers and my toes then hit the floor. Man, my leg was purple and my toes blue

J T
6th July 2007, 16:03
You can do full windmills?

PROPS.

What about headspins? God-damn it headspins are cool.

Harrison
6th July 2007, 16:18
A guy I worked with used to do some breakdancing and record mixing and even appeared on Top of the Pops on the decks for The Chemical Bros, and his brother was a professional breakdancer and appeared in a lot of music videos including the one for the Propellerheads/Shirley Bassey song, History Repeating.

Submeg
6th July 2007, 21:53
Wow thats cool. Yea I USED to be able to do windmills. I havent done breaking in a while. So who knows :p Can't do headspins....most I ever did was three.