PDA

View Full Version : FFVII: Crisis Core

Harrison
4th June 2007, 13:47
So much for the Final Fantasy VII universe coming to an end with the PS2 release, Dirge of cerberus. Currently in development is FFVII: Crisis Core, due for release in Japan in September on the PSP (finally a reason to buy one DC? ;)).

The game focuses on Jack Flair and is described as having an intuitive battle system known as Digital Mind Wave. The original FFVII director Hajime Tabata has also returned to head the development of this game which can only mean good things.

Those who have experiences the game hands on have already said it plays extremely well and is shaping up to be a worthy successor to its distinguished parent.

Demon Cleaner
4th June 2007, 16:11
Oz already showed me the trailer last year, it's seems to be pretty cool. But no reason to buy a PSP ;) I think there will never be a reason for me.

Harrison
4th June 2007, 17:19
You are missing so much not having one... although you can obviously just keep playing Oz's ;)

Demon Cleaner
4th June 2007, 18:56
With Oz' PSP is the same as with the forum, I have seen his PSP 3-4 times, he never brings it with him to work, and barely uses it. He now concentrates on making a video intro for his EVE corporation, using Cinema 4D and Adobe After Effects. But as he's still a noob, it takes some time.

Here's (http://www.engeldeslichts.com/home/) the home of his corporation, it's in german as most members come from Germany.

Harrison
4th June 2007, 19:23
What happened to the other Joomla Eve site he started making a few months ago?

BTW, if he needs any tips or info regarding After Effects I've been using it professionally for nearly 10 years now, so he can feel free to ask if he needs to know something.

Demon Cleaner
4th June 2007, 21:34
What happened to the other Joomla Eve site he started making a few months ago?It's currently offline, don't know what he's doing with it. That was the Deep Delving Corporation site I think.
BTW, if he needs any tips or info regarding After Effects I've been using it professionally for nearly 10 years now, so he can feel free to ask if he needs to know something.I'll let him know. At the moment he checks out some YouTube videos, where they explain different things.

Harrison
4th June 2007, 22:44
Another good tutorial video resource is the new CS3 videos Adobe have on their own site for the latest version. They are all created by the lest tutorial company Lynda.com and are completely free to access online.

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/

Demon Cleaner
5th June 2007, 17:35
Oz just bought a MacBook :blink: he went to the shop now, and just bought one. A dual core 2,16 GHz. He wanted to buy a MacBook, he got it for 1380€ (with 2GB) and all other CPU's you get on normal laptops are more expensive, for the price he got the MacBook, you only get core 2 duo 1,66 GHz, that's why he bought it. And mainly to use it for rendering, as he thought this will run a lot faster.

I now bought his laptop for 200€, it's a Sony Vaio 3.0 GHz, but with only 512MB, as one RAM dice (is it called that way) is broken. But I can use it along with my Dreambox and my TV to stream videos.

Do you know where I can get cheap laptop RAM??

Harrison
5th June 2007, 19:49
That is indeed puzzling. I cannot see any logic in purchasing a Mac for 3D rendering :unsure: because basically a PC is better for such tasks. Also Macs tend to come with really crap 3D cards compared to PC laptops which is one reason they cost more.

Is he going to be running OSX or Windows XP on the Mac? As he could run either. If he is using it mainly for 3D rendering then I recommend installing Windows XP as the PC versions of 3D applications tend to perform better than their Mac versions. Although Linux versions of Maya perform even better than either.

Do you know where I can get cheap laptop RAM??

Laptops generally use SODIMM ram modules but you would need to work out the type and speed before you can look for some. The easiest way to do that is to go to the Crucial Ram site www.crucial.com and use their ram advisor tool on the website which will list all of the compatible ram for your system. I tend to buy ram directly from Crucial too as it doesn't cost much more than anywhere else and is direct from the manufacturer with guarantee and free next day delivery.

Demon Cleaner
5th June 2007, 21:43
Is he going to be running OSX or Windows XP on the Mac?He's going to run both.