PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Meeting (TUM) 2006

Puni/Void
29th December 2006, 07:46
The Ultimate Meeting 2006 is currently being held in Karlsruhe-Durlach in Germany. The party started on the 27th of December, but ends today on the 29th.

According to the timetable, the prizegiving ceremony will be held 12:00 today. Let us hope that some Amiga productions was released and that some of those will be available for download as soon as possible. :)

I will update this topic with information concerning releases and results as soon as they are ready.

Harrison
29th December 2006, 11:39
I had an idea. Would a GoogleMap where you can mark event locations be a cool addition for the demo scene? People could navigate it and see where partie had been held in the past, and where up coming parties are going to be held.

Also we could mark other gaming and computer events on the map.

Good idea?

There is a sister mod for the "Where do you live?" map I've installed on the forum just for this purpose.

Puni/Void
1st January 2007, 12:00
I had an idea. Would a GoogleMap where you can mark event locations be a cool addition for the demo scene? People could navigate it and see where partie had been held in the past, and where up coming parties are going to be held.

Also we could mark other gaming and computer events on the map.

Good idea?

There is a sister mod for the "Where do you live?" map I've installed on the forum just for this purpose.

It is an interesting idea, but I think we have to be quite selective about which demo parties to include. It will be important to stick to the parties that are orientated around the Amiga, or those that have the standard Amiga competitions. As for parties of the past, did you mean to include parties that were held several years ago, or only for this year? Most parties contains maps with details on where they were held, so we can easily pinpoint the information on the map. :)

Harrison
2nd January 2007, 10:47
It would be cool to include the most important demo parties of the past on the map. I will install the map mod later and set it up so you can then add some events to it when you get a chance. I think the most interesting thing for me would be to see the locations of the best parties from the past, during and after the Amigas life.

Puni/Void
2nd January 2007, 17:24
Sounds good. I'll try to dig up some information on some older and newer parties. :thumbs:

Puni/Void
5th January 2007, 16:25
Seems like a few productions was released at The Ultimate Meeting 2006. You can find the productions available in the Demo Scene section of the main site, all ready for download. Worth mentioning is the intro from Rave Network Overscan (RNO) called Kiiru.

Demon Cleaner
5th January 2007, 16:38
I just watched Kiiru, I have to say that I prefer the old school demos. This does not look like typical amiga to me. The tune is nice, but not outstanding, the demo is good, but not spectacular. The spinning spirals look nice though.

Puni/Void
5th January 2007, 16:44
Well, demos have changed throughout the years, and the more modern style of demos are a bit different from the way the old ones look. There has been plenty of neat releases during 2006 though. Have you seen the winner demo from IRIS which was released at Breakpoint? That one is extremely good in my opinion. Also, we have the winner demo from Assembly.

If you enjoy the real old-school demos, you might want to watch a demo from Cream (Atari ST group) who released an Amiga intro called 18 years. It is available in the demo section, so you can download it from there. It has some cool effects (works fine on an Amiga 500) and the typical scroller at the bottom of the screen. It is worth watching for sure.

Old-school stuff from Andromeda, Kefrens, The Silents, Majic 12, Anarchy and so on, will always remain as some of the best demos ever released for the Amiga. One of my favourites, Nexus 7 from Andromeda, seems unbeatable to me when it comes to smooth design, effects and perfect sync with music. No wonder it still appears in various demo charts today. :)