PDA

View Full Version : Space Games

Ghost
26th May 2007, 11:25
Hello all,

Do any of you know of any upcoming space games?
Either RTS or Elite like, or perhaps Wing Commander-esque?

I already know about Spaceforce Rogue Universe and Tarr Chronicles.

Harrison
30th May 2007, 01:04
The biggest RTS in development at the moment has to be StarCraft II. This is eagerly anticipated by a lot of fans of the original.

Demon Cleaner
30th May 2007, 05:13
I already saw StarCraft II on TV at Giga Games several times, they've got a beta to play, and of course a lot of ingame trailers. Looks very good, especially the mothership, which has some great power attacks.

Submeg
30th May 2007, 06:55
OMG Starcraft II????????

Demon Cleaner
31st May 2007, 06:57
I just saw that Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar got good reviews, it's a turn based strategy game. Perhaps something for you?

v85rawdeal
31st May 2007, 16:01
I am still waiting for Elite IV (If it ever makes it)

But I would love to see the Babylon 5 game make an appearance on the schedules (with the renewed interest due to the new DVDs coming out)

Harrison
31st May 2007, 16:16
A decent Babylon 5 or Farscape game would be great, but would need to be handled very well. Not like many of the previous Star Trek games.

Puni/Void
8th June 2007, 20:41
Starcraft 2 should be a killer, no doubt about that. Good to know that EA with C&C Tiberium Wars will get some competition from Blizzard when it comes to the RTS genre.
I'm definitly gonna get this game when it becomes available. Haven't been a huge Starcraft fan in the past, as I mostly played C&C, but I really do appreciate the huge amount of possible tactics in the game. Beside that, the first Starcraft was well balanced and worked perfectly for Online gameplay.

Submeg
10th June 2007, 23:02
Starcraft 2 shall kick ass! :thumbs:

Puni/Void
11th June 2007, 15:02
Have any of you guys seen the Starcraft 2 trailer yet? It doesn't contain any ingame stuff of course, but it's extremely well made.

Demon Cleaner
11th June 2007, 17:23
I've seen some ingame footage at TV at Giga Games, and it looked very good, but not as outstanding as World in Conflict ;)