PDA

View Full Version : Sumotori Dreams

Demon Cleaner
24th May 2007, 21:48
I just found this little gem, have seen it at Gig Games. It's a freeware game, where you control a drunken carton character, and have to fight against your opponent in Sumo style.

But this is just hilarious and funny, I cannot stop laughing when I see the 2 characters spin and fall as they're drunk. And when you lose/win, just do nothing and watch the guys trying to get on their feet again :lol:

I'll attach it here, as it's only 500kB, and you don't have to install it. Ok wanted to try this but get a Exceeds your quota by 8.72 MB. Click here to view your attachments message. I already deleted some attachments, as they had about 15MB, but even now, I cannot attach a file anymore?? Harrison?

Below the direct link to the download.

Sumotori Dreams Download (http://dc.classicamiga.com/root/ztemp/sumotori.zip)

Harrison
24th May 2007, 21:57
That is odd, I don't have any quotas setup. :unsure: I will have a look for you.

Submeg
25th May 2007, 02:04
Umm....it is running extremely slow!!

Harrison
25th May 2007, 03:10
What's running extremely slow? The forum? It's OK at this end, running nice and fast. The attachment problem was just a setting in DC's membership that I've now changed, nothing to do with the server.

Submeg
25th May 2007, 03:24
Na na, the actual game.....it is extremely slow...like 4 fps

Harrison
25th May 2007, 03:29
Oh right, I've not tried it yet myself so don't know how well it runs from here yet.

Demon Cleaner
25th May 2007, 09:35
:hmmm: It works fine for me. Anyway, I think it's not the game that counts here, only the guys barge against each other :lol:

Submeg
25th May 2007, 21:18
Yea but I cant even play it! :(

Demon Cleaner
29th May 2007, 05:52
There's also a hidden "level", in which you can hit the guy by throwing boxes at him, so funny. I anyone needs how to know to get into this mode, let me know.

Demon Cleaner
3rd July 2007, 21:18
No one tried this one out yet? If you like demos, like PG and Teho, you should try this one out. It is greatly coded and is funny too, check it out. You can also find it on Pouet.

Hidden part:

For the hidden part: On the menu, smash the blocks on the right hand corner. The second block on that side going away from the camera activates the hidden part.

Demon Cleaner
29th July 2008, 18:20
Ok guys. Now that I still haven't gotten any feedback from anyone, and as we now have a lot more members, I'm again inviting you in trying this out, it's just so much fun. And it was a contribution to the Breakpoint 2007 demoparty, so I guess this should at least be interesting for our demo guys here ;) It's a 96kB game/demo.

Let me know what you think of it, and don't forget to try the hidden level. PC should not be too old, otherwise it won't run properly.

Notes about this release:
This is a contribution for Breakpoint 2007 96k gamedev compo.
Yes, they have an AI brain. This means, no stored keyframes/animation.
(If you have a very slow gfx card, start "sumotori.exe _" )
more info in the game.

THX to:
Conspiracy: testing
Aardbei Texture generator
kkrunchy

Some previous releases:
- Highway to Assembly: gamdev 7th @ Assembly 2006
- Shatter 64k: 64k 1st @ Function 2006
- Future colors: demo @ Contest `99
- fakedemo: demo 3rd @ Cache `98

J T
30th July 2008, 13:56
Y'know, I did try this out a while ago - very briefly. I remember it being quite funny even if it took me a while to get the hang of the controlling a wobbly box-man so I didn't just fall over almost immediately.