PDA

View Full Version : The Devil May Cry games

LowercaseE
28th December 2006, 12:25
I've recently been messing around with Devil May Cry. I bought it way back when it came out but I got tired of it quickly. Since I've been messing around with it for the past few days though, I've realized that there actually is a decent game hidden under all the TERRIBLE camera angles. Seriously. How could anyone not get annoyed with the camera system in this game. One second you're running away from that big fire scorpion thing, then SWOOSH! the camera changes and you're running right into it. It's a shame that a good game is ruined by such horrendous camera tactics.

Has the camera problem been addressed with part 2 or 3? I'd like to check out more, but I just can't subject myself to the aggravation caused by part 1.

Harrison
28th December 2006, 16:49
I've only played the first of these games too, and like you, other than the camera issues it is a great action shooter. I really should give the others a try sometime.

Teho
28th December 2006, 16:52
I loved the first one too, though I found it horribly hard. I don't think I ever beat the final boss in it.

The second game was awful. Only played halfway through it before putting it away. It's been too long now, so I don't remember exactly why I didn't like it. But I definitely remember being very disappointed with it.

Never tried the third game, but I remember reviewers liked it.

Demon Cleaner
29th December 2006, 05:22
Played all 3 of them (what else), but did not complete any of them, only tried them, as usual. The first one was great, second wasn't that good, but I liked it, it got detested from the reviewers though. Third one was better again, and also got better reviews.

If you look after the reviews only, I think that the first one got best overall. Third one was now also released as special edition. The camera was a problem, yes, but often is in that type of games.

If you wanna play a great game that comes close to DMC, try Onimusha 3, a great game, with a great gameplay and some great (again?) puzzles. I nearly completed it, and enjoyed playing it very much.

Harrison
29th December 2006, 11:54
The Onimusha series is great and I enjoyed it more than DMC. I've played the first and third ones, but somehow missed the second.

Vangar
29th December 2006, 12:55
If you think the camera angles in that game is bad, you should try Sonic Heroes. Good god, it puts Sonic to shame.

Ghost
29th December 2006, 13:18
How about the Sonic Adventure games, there were moments I yelled at those games.
And I hate wandering above bottomless pits.

LowercaseE
29th December 2006, 13:49
Why can't they just make all these games like RE4, the camera was GREAT in that!

J T
29th December 2006, 14:39
I have DMC 1,2 and 3. I haven't played any of them for quite a long time.

1 was simply awesome, great fun in a real ass kicking way. I much preferred the "let's have a massive ruck and fight in style" style of gameplay over the "run away like a pussy" or "swipe, back away, swipe, back away" of Resi / Onimusha.

2 was a bit poor but some of the boss battles were good. Fighting a skyscaper monster was different. Seemed to lack a lot of charm and class of the original though.

3 was good, outrageous fighting moves and a lot of weapons/styles to choose from. However, once I beat it and messed about with it I never went back. It's decent enough, worth getting now it can probably be obtained at a bargain-tastic price.

Somehow, I feel the most fond of the first. I think maybe it was because it was a bit new and different back then. The others feel a bit too much like rehashes. They're fun, but, kind of easily forgotten.

Harrison
29th December 2006, 15:16
If you think the camera angles in that game is bad, you should try Sonic Heroes. Good god, it puts Sonic to shame.

I've not played Sonic Heroes but I've read lots of bad things about it online.

How about the Sonic Adventure games, there were moments I yelled at those games.
And I hate wandering above bottomless pits.

I loved the DC Sonic Adventure games. OK, the game did have a few strange camera moments and bugs, but they were still great fun. And fast! They really showed what the DC hardware could do.

Why can't they just make all these games like RE4, the camera was GREAT in that!

I only recently got hold of RE4 on the PS2 and although I've only played it for a short time so far it does seem really good.

LowercaseE
29th December 2006, 18:48
I only recently got hold of RE4 on the PS2 and although I've only played it for a short time so far it does seem really good.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on RE4 once you get farther in it. I think it's a FANTASTIC game. Simple controls, great graphics, great story, great gore and violence, etc.

rayzorblue
1st January 2007, 18:20
I remember completing the first one at me mates house and it really p**sed him off so much so that he sold it, but i dont remember bad camera angles all i remember is a class shooter.

As for res4 i got it on the GC and it is one of the best games i have ever played, and i mean played and played and played i jus love blowin the crap outta them villagers. I especially liked the scene in the house were they jus keep comin and comin, and dying has never been as much fun as when baghead saws your napper off yeah :thumbs: