PDA

View Full Version : Breakpoint 2007 - Your thoughts

Puni/Void
15th May 2007, 20:00
This years Easter is now over and another edition of the Breakpoint party has been held. Quite a few productions was released for the Amiga. Groups like Mad Wizards (MAWI), Scarab, Elcrew, RNO and others participated in the different competitions.

Have you seen the Amiga productions from Breakpoint? If yes, what do you think of them? Any particular pieces you especially enjoyed watching?

Harrison
15th May 2007, 23:53
I've not seen any of the productions released at this years breakpoint yet. I definitely will soon though.

Maybe a feature on the main site about Breakpoint would be good? Running through the Amiga demos featured and a bit about each of the groups behind them?

Puni/Void
19th May 2007, 10:36
Yeah, we could do that on the main site. I'll look into it as soon as the broadband is up and running. :)

Rebb/TRSI
3rd July 2007, 23:54
Personally I was dissapointed about this years Amiga stuff at Breakpoint. Mawi - Senzala could have been the killer but it didn't. It is nice to see Mawi back in action but still the product wasn't anything near top TBL demo. Technically really nice but missing the soul.

Otherwise Breakpoint 07 was a party to remember. Farbrausch released stunning PC demo called Debris. Done in only 177 kb, simply amazing. ( http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=30244 ) Also this year I had my chance to compose whole soundtrack to first xbox360 demo, we came 4th but doing oldskool demo on new hardware was really fun. Me enoyed it full heart (http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=30305 )

Have to wait and see if Assembly or Evoke brings us some marvelous Amiga releases. Fingers crossed :yesyes:

Harrison
4th July 2007, 01:00
Debris was an amazing demo. I just watched it again and it is just as good. Farbrausch have remained my favourite PC group for a long time now.

I'm just downloading the video of the Xbox360 demo to take a look. I see on Pouet many people are complaining that the demo file size being too large.

Puni/Void
4th July 2007, 06:55
Hi Rebb! Long time, no see! If you don't recognize my handle (P G), it is only short for Punisher/Gods. ;) Actually, in the latest issue of Versus it was stated that I was a member of Void as well, but I believe I have to clear that up with the organizer of that group. :D

Speaking of Amiga productions at the Assembly, does Paradise or TRSI have any demos on the way for this particular party?

Harrison
4th July 2007, 09:46
Yes, it is great to see you again Rebb, it definitely has been a while.

I downloaded and watched the video of the xbox 360 demo and especially liked the middle when it throws up an error and then reboots to a Kickstart 1.3 Amiga screen :)

Rebb/TRSI
4th July 2007, 17:01
Yes filesize... As Shazz (one of the coders) explained in Pouet it's because uncompressed audio. Why the compressed files don't work, I have no idea.

PG:

There are some products on pipeline, but I don't think any of them will be ready for Assembly. You coming to Assembly? Or Evoke?

Puni/Void
5th July 2007, 06:55
I won't be coming to any of those parties, Rebb. Are you going to attend?

Interesting to hear that some products are being planned. Would be great to see a new TRSI demo, intro, musicdisk or something like that. Do you know of any other groups that might release something at Assembly or Evoke?